Pin Codes not Showing Up on Desktop

I’m not able to see any of my pin codes. Every one of this says **** … I’ve checked marked and uncheck marked the box that says see pin codes in clear, I’ve logged in and out multiple times, I’ve restarted my computer etc HELP! THANK YOU

Hi Kristine, I just checked with Customer Care and they informed me that the Development Team has identified that this issue is effecting a small number of users. They are already working on the issue but if you could enable remote access by going to Settings -->Customer Care and click on Enable. Email the code with an explanation of the issue to support@getvera.com and CC me. Please also enable Verbose Logging by going to Settings–>Logs and check off Verbose Logging. It is possible, depending on what controller you have, that Verbose Logging could impact performance a little but that level of logging is necessary to help the Development Team identify the problem.

Thank you! I’ll “attempt” to do what you say… yikes :slight_smile:

I think I did it! I copied you as well. Thanks so much!

Hi Mark,

I’m using a VeraPlus with the latest firmware (1.7.2044) with a Schlage BE469NX lock. I’m having the exact same issue as Kristine. Is there a solution for this issue yet?

Thanks.

[quote=“mehdi, post:5, topic:191660”]Hi Mark,

I’m using a VeraPlus with the latest firmware (1.7.2044) with a Schlage BE469NX lock. I’m having the exact same issue as Kristine. Is there a solution for this issue yet?

Thanks.[/quote]

Not yet. Once a PIN is shown as **** you will need to delete and create it again in order to see it.

Once a PIN is shown as **** you will need to delete and create it again in order to see it. [/quote]

Hi Marc: I have 2 Schlage locks. One is controlled by VeraLite and the other by VeraPlus. Both of them show **** for PINs. Is this due to these PINs being created from the lock device itself during installation (and not through the Vera app)?

Unless the PIN codes are created with box in the UI checked with “Show pin codes in clear” they will appear as “****”.

I am unable to add or delete pins, and I can only see one pin that ive entered. there are several more which work on the door but are not listed (mine is a yale real living lock)

When you create a new pin and always want to see it, do the following.
Enter the name and pin in the name box, that way you will always see it!
Then enter the pin in the pin box…easy solution.