Philips Hue Wireless Dimmer Controller

Hi Guys,

I’m new to this whole Vera thing so, sorry if this sounds daft!

I currently have a Vera Plus gateway and have installed a couple of Fibaro RGB dimmer modules.
Can anyone tell me if I can use the Philips Hue Wireless controller to control scenes in Vera? (https://www.screwfix.com/p/philips-hue-wireless-dimmer-wall-mount-white/8968v)
I tried a LightwaveRF mood switch but could not get it to do anything other than on and off. Whatever I tried I could not get it to trigger scenes in U17.

Our Hue plugin does not offer support for the Hue Dimmer Controllers.
But adding the support for these devices is on our development roadmap.

Is there any schedule for this if it?s on your road map? Or is there some what similar z-wave device for this? I would basically need a tapeable switch with two or three buttons to dim lights in our bedroom.

Yes! We definitely need support for a traditional “light switch” looking wireless scene controller like the Phillips Hue Wireless Dimmer Control or the Eaton Anyplace. GoControl made one that fits over the top of a switch but it is ugly and loud. I need something that looks like a light switch.

I have used these for several years. It’s not exactly what you describe, but is extremely flexible and can be a portable keypad, or wall mounted. It uses 2 standard AAA batteries that last for a very long time.

https://www.remotec.com.hk/bw8510-product-page/

Yes, it’s close. I’ve been eyeing that one. I am planning to get it to use use as my controller by my TV chair. But I still want something simple for the living room wall. 1 on/off is all I need to put in a place where the builder forgot the switch.

I have used these for several years. It’s not exactly what you describe, but is extremely flexible and can be a portable keypad, or wall mounted. It uses 2 standard AAA batteries that last for a very long time.

https://www.remotec.com.hk/bw8510-product-page/[/quote]

I have a couple. Little fiddly to set up, but very good once that’s done.

C

Which did you set up?? I’m curious! Perhaps you can help me.
-Brad

-Brad[/quote]

I have two ZRC-90s with multiple scenes triggered from a ‘Good night’ to os executing curls to my Volumio player.

I can try and help, but can’t promise to succeed! :wink:

C

-Brad[/quote]

I have two ZRC-90s with multiple scenes triggered from a ‘Good night’ to os executing curls to my Volumio player.

I can try and help, but can’t promise to succeed! :wink:

C[/quote]
Search the forum. There is an excellent thread from a year or two ago that figures out the button mapping and eliminates the confusion. Sorry I don’t have time to chase it down right now.

Thanks to both!
-Brad

[left][/left]I snipped this from the forum a while back from the thread I mentioned but can’t find. My thanks to the original poster and my apologies that I can’t find the post to give you proper credit. This assumes you are using the ZRC-90 as a trigger for your scenes.

"I mistakenly assumed that the “scene activated” number was the same as the number of the button pressed, which is wrong. The number is shown as a pattern of dots on the ZRC-90 buttons. I ran through several button presses and made a mapping table for button/press/scene:

Button Press Scene Number shown in Vera as a trigger
1 Once 1
1 Release 1
1 Hold 1
1 Double 2
2 Once 3
2 Release 2
2 Hold 2
2 Double 4
3 Once 5
3 Release 3
3 Hold 3
3 Double 6
4 Once 7
4 Release 4
4 Hold 4
4 Double 8
5 Once 9
5 Release 5
5 Hold 5
5 Double 10
6 Once 11
6 Release 6
6 Hold 6
6 Double 12
7 Once 13
7 Release 7
7 Hold 7
7 Double 14
8 Once 15
8 Release 8
8 Hold 8
8 Double 16

So for example, if you want to press button 3 one time to trigger your scene, select scene 5 from Vera’s trigger menu. Setting up manually triggered scenes and assigning the scene to a button press on the device is much easier, but I do want to use button held.

Once I set up my scene triggers using this information, everything worked great."

I hope this helps.

Odd

Under UI7 I set up the scenes. Then go to the device > Select Scenes for Device Buttons.

Then tap and double tap for each button has a drop down where you can select any scene or house mode.

The trick is that you can’t use the ZRC-90 as a trigger when you create the scene. At least that was the case.

C

[quote=“Catman, post:13, topic:198405”]Odd

Under UI7 I set up the scenes. Then go to the device > Select Scenes for Device Buttons.

Then tap and double tap for each button has a drop down where you can select any scene or house mode.

The trick is that you can’t use the ZRC-90 as a trigger when you create the scene. At least that was the case.

C[/quote]
By doing that you are using the ZRC-90 as a secondary controller on the network. Don’t go to the ZRC-90 device—create a scene that you want triggered by a button press on the ZRC-90, and during scene creation select the ZRC-90 as a trigger using the mapping table in my previous post. See the attached picture.

[quote=“HSD99, post:14, topic:198405”][quote=“Catman, post:13, topic:198405”]Odd

C[/quote]
By doing that you are using the ZRC-90 as a secondary controller on the network. Don’t go to the ZRC-90 device—create a scene that you want triggered by a button press on the ZRC-90, and during scene creation select the ZRC-90 as a trigger using the mapping table in my previous post. See the attached picture.[/quote]

Interesting. Although it was some time ago, that method simply didn’t work for me (several firmwares and years, and one hardware upgrade ago). I’m rather loathe to try and change things for no good reason, so is there a reason I should be worried about using the ZRC-90s as a separate
controller?

Cheers!

C

Interesting. Although it was some time ago, that method simply didn't work for me (several firmwares and years, and one hardware upgrade ago). I'm rather loathe to try and change things for no good reason, so is there a reason I should be worried about using the ZRC-90s as a separate controller?
No reason I can think of...if things are working the way you want them to, great!

I found using the ZRC-90 as an auxiliary controller was problematic, and a real pain if I wanted to make changes. Using it as a trigger has proven to be (for me) much simpler and more flexible.

[quote=“HSD99, post:16, topic:198405”]

Interesting. Although it was some time ago, that method simply didn’t work for me (several firmwares and years, and one hardware upgrade ago). I’m rather loathe to try and change things for no good reason, so is there a reason I should be worried about using the ZRC-90s as a separate
controller?

No reason I can think of…if things are working the way you want them to, great!

I found using the ZRC-90 as an auxiliary controller was problematic, and a real pain if I wanted to make changes. Using it as a trigger has proven to be (for me) much simpler and more flexible.[/quote]

Ta. I’m curious as to how you know that it’s a controller. To me it seems a perfectly logical way of doing things (although as does setting it when creating the scene) but as a controller, shouldn’t I be able to do more with it. Like create a scene, or address it directly? Just curious really :slight_smile:

Cheers

C

I did all my ZRC-90 setup a few years (and firmwares) ago, so I don’t recall the details myself. Here’s a link to the product page, in case you don’t have it:

https://www.remotec.com.hk/bw8510-product-page/