Philips Hue Bridge keeps disconnecting

Ive had my Vera Plus just over a week, i predominantly go it to control my hue lights and have added some Fibaro sensor (Motion and Door/Window). So far its proving quite unreliable, i added the hue bridge (Version 2) through the ‘add device’ section but my lights are showing up as ‘cannot detect device’ about 10% of the time, typically at night when i want lights to come on and off. Does anyone have any ideas on this? as watching the device page the philips hue plugin is constantly switching between the on and off positions every 5 seconds or so, is it the hue app? is it the Philips Hue service or the Vera service as i understand there is no direct control? its all over the cloud, which leads to my second question.

Tonight i noticed after rebooting my controller that under the device section the hue lights dont show as lamp symbols/pictures anymore but as the ZWave symbol (1 is still showing as a lamp symbol), has there been an update to allow direct control?!, although the hue lights work on Zigbee?! switching between on and off shows the words ‘sending command’ under the light which i dont recall seeing last week (im hoping there is direct control to make it more reliable!)

Hi Leigh,

Take a look here : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33088.msg269386.html#msg269386
If this doesn’t help, you can also open a ticket and ask my colleagues from CC to take the logs from your unit( tell them to discuss with me when they have your ticket).

All the Best,

• Andrei -

Hi Andrei,

Many thanks for this, really appreciate your help. Three questions:

1. i had a thought that i added the Hue Bridge through ‘add devices’ (Hue Plugin 2, Version 0.92) and NOT by installing they Hue app (Version 1.7) are the two apps one and the same thing?

2. Do i need to change FailedStatusReport only on the bridge? or the lights as well?

Also, i see the post below your msg talks about a new version of the plugin and provide some code to install it, where would i put this code? (or should i ignore this for now?)

Leigh

Hi Leigh,

1) i had a thought that i added the Hue Bridge through 'add devices' (Hue Plugin 2, Version 0.92) and NOT by installing they Hue app (Version 1.7) are the two apps one and the same thing?

One app is developed by us and one by a 3rd party developer. The link I provided applies to the one developed by us( hue plugin 2).

2) Do i need to change FailedStatusReport only on the bridge? or the lights as well?

This variable is only available on hue bridge device, so you will need to set it only here.

Also, i see the post below your msg talks about a new version of the plugin and provide some code to install it, where would i put this code? (or should i ignore this for now?)

This is a request that you need to run in your browser. You will need to replace “GATEWAY_IP” with the IP of the gateway. If you have the latest fw version, you can run the request and plugin will be installed, there is no need to install it from the wizard.

Best regards,

• Andrei -

Hi Andrei,

I have changed the setting for FailedStatusReport to 0 and when i click into another box i get a ‘command sent’ message however if i exit the variables screen and come back to it the FailedStatusReport has changed back to 1, have i missed a step somewhere or is this correct?

Thanks again.

leigh

Hi,

You missed a step, after setting the variable, you will need to reload the engine in order to apply the changes. In “New Service” tab, you will find the “Reload Engine” button.

All the Best,

• Andrei -

Thank you, i saw the reload engine button but it looked ‘big and scary’ so i didnt press it. will do it now :slight_smile:

Leigh