Pentair Pool Equipment

Yup…

Perfect. Great looking plans!

1 Like

BTW, Where it says Existing House is actually a 260 sf covered patio under the roof line as a Part of the 1960 Mid Century Modern Ranch house.

Yeah outdoor space is a must.

I have one last bit of advice for you. Run some CAT6 out to your pad. This will save you from wrestling with WiFi signals near the pad.

1 Like

I have a fine tuned ubiquity system but I’m definitely going to do this. Was already looking into it.

Run a PVC conduit. Pull CAT6 now but you leave a channel to pull something else in the future.

1 Like

The IntelliCenter2 App only allows two speeds for the pump for each mode. Pool and Pool Hi for Pool Mode and Spa and Spa Hi for Spa Mode.

I’d like to have more control and ability to choose more than just two speeds for the pump for different effects.

Does this plugin allow this? I’m fine running my pool outside Vera if going through all required to have in Vera doesn’t provide me more control than already provided, EXCEPT if this Plugin allows LOCAL control of the pool automation, not reliant on the cloud.

1 Like

Actually, IntelliCenter2 allows for 8 total pump speeds that are dependent on what circuits or features are currently running. So actually you can have 8 per pump. Which model do you have? I would assume you have an i5PS, i8PS, or i10PS. You simply need to program these and it will show up in the plugin. You can use a feature or group to program speeds and you have up to 32 of those regardless of model.

Also are you running nodejs-PoolController?

Hi- First off, this is fantastic. Just got around to implementing this on a pi and ditching my autelis. My only issue seems to be on the Heater Control. I cant seem to turn the heater mode off or on. But the weird thing is that if I enable heater mode on the dash Panel then I can control the temperature set point, but still cannot turn the heater off from the vera. The plot thickens further if I try to put the heater in a scene. Cant seem to select a setpoint if in the scene editor. I’m running a vera plus on the last firmware vera pushed before they stopped updating ( You are running the latest version 1.7.5186 (7.31)) If anybody has any insights into how to fix this, please let me know. I’ve looked at the poolbodyheater code, but I am a total amateur at programming and nothing hits me in the face. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I stopped running Vera a while back and switched to another platform. Take a look at the njsPC log and see what it is trying to put when you click the heater off button. It should be

PUT /state/body/heatMode {"id":<body Id>, "mode":0}

Thanks for the quick reply. I went to vera, hit the heat button and then changed the heater set point to 86. Here is the log:

1/3/2023, 8:53:23 AM] info: [8:53:23 AM] 192.168.0.191 PUT /state/body/heatMode {“id”:1,“mode”:“Heater”}

[11/3/2023, 8:53:23 AM] error: undefined

[11/3/2023, 8:53:31 AM] info: [8:53:31 AM] 192.168.0.191 PUT /state/body/setPoint {“id”:1,“heatSetpoint”:“86”}

So the change to heat mode gave an error. The set point change worked correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the log output when I change heater modes directly from dashPanel:

[11/3/2023, 9:54:35 AM] info: [9:54:35 AM] 192.168.0.147 GET /config/body/1/heatModes?null {}

[11/3/2023, 9:54:37 AM] info: [9:54:37 AM] 192.168.0.147 PUT /state/body/heatMode {“id”:1,“mode”:0}

[11/3/2023, 9:54:49 AM] info: [9:54:49 AM] 192.168.0.147 GET /config/body/1/heatModes?null {}

[11/3/2023, 9:54:51 AM] info: [9:54:51 AM] 192.168.0.147 PUT /state/body/heatMode {“id”:1,“mode”:1}

Perhaps a variable is not defined properly in the code on the vera side? I am not proficient at coding, so I dont want to mess anything up. Thanks.

Tell me about the heater you have installed in njsPC? Is it a gas heater and is it associated with the pool body?

Under the heater tab in the dashPanel it says it is a gas heater, but in reality I have a heatpump style heater. Maybe that is my issue? I just let njsPC automatically build everything when I first installed it. Do you have a recommendation how to set it up properly since I really dont have a gas heater. I see the option to add a heater, but would like further guidance. Thanks. Assume if I change anything on the njsPC side I would then have to reconfigure on the vera side??

Here is some more info that may help:

On the vera side, if I go to advanced tab under the Pool Heater, I have the following:

device type urn:schemas-rstrouse-com:device:PoolBodyHeaterSolar:1
altid pcpBody-1
device_file D_PoolBodyHeater.xml
impl_file I_PoolController.xml
device_json D_PoolBodyHeater.json
local_udn uuid:4d494342-5342-5645-026f-000002fb4d93

Another interesting thing. If I go to the dash panel and toggle the heater on and off, the heatmode and heatstatus on the vera side (variables shown under advanced tab) correctly update. But if I try to toggle between heater on and off from the vera side, nothing happens and the log shows an error as shared above.

Please go to the raspberry pi and type the following commands.
cd ~/nodejs-poolController
git pull

And then restart njsPC. If you have set this up to use pm2 (recommended) then it should automatically restart. As for your heatpump are you running an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch and if so what is the relative age of the panel. Early versions did not support heatpumps correctly and always devolved to gas heaters.

did the git pull. Came back saying already up to date. I am running an intellitouch i5+3. It is 8-9 years old. Had been running for years with the vera code you wrote for the autelis.