Owl energy monitor (RFX Power ELEC3) offset ?

Is there a way to offset the kW reading for the RFX Power ELEC3 device, so the value matches the real meter ?

1 Like

Currently the plugin doesn’t have provision to apply an offset or a correction factor. It’s not clear to me why this would be required or if most users would want it. Do display devices associated with the sensors have this capability?

Z-wave meter readers have an offset option (northq meter readers for instance, both gas and power). The reason for this offset is so the displayed variable in Vera actually coincides with the actual meter reading, so when my wife puts me to send the reading to the provider by email, i can get it on my vera, instead of struggling blindly into the basement to read the actual meter.

The sensor’s display device has lots of options, along the lines of differentiated tariffs according to different times of day, total use in KW per specified period, total use in ? per specified period, e.t.c.
but no offset. As grand total it shows how many KW you’ve used since it has been installed, so it doesn’t coincide with the meter’s actual reading.

Thank you for taking in consideration my request.

Cal.

Sorry if i’m pestering you , but is there anything you could do about this Tinman ?

Thanks,
Cheers