Ouch!

At least there is a pretty graph now.

I was wondering what happened to the forum since yesterday afternoon. Glad it’s back up.

Yeah me too. It affected quite a few sites like the docs links too.

Source: status.getvera.com

Update - After further diagnostics overnight, we’ve isolated the issue impacting the community site (http://forum.micasaverde.com). Unfortunately, it was not just database related as we’d initially suspected. It was hardware related as well. Backup/replacement equipment is being brought online now. We’ll test and resume operation on the forums within the next 3-4 hours.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this disruption in service may cause.

As always, should you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please email us at support@getvera.com.

Sincerely,

Network Operations Team
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control

Their monitoring sucks. I tried accessing the forum yesterday evening for about an hour and the status page still showed everything green. Verified from other nodes across the country that it just wasn’t me.

I bet their monitoring is a night watchman who strolls by the servers and makes sure the lights are still blinking.

[quote=“TC1”]Their monitoring sucks. I tried accessing the forum yesterday evening for about an hour and the status page still showed everything green. Verified from other nodes across the country that it just wasn’t me.

I bet their monitoring is a night watchman who strolls by the servers and makes sure the lights are still blinking.[/quote]

Maybe an old server running in someone’s moms basement? Maybe mom noticed “them annoying lights on that noisy box” weren’t on when she checked the sump pump.

Ease up guys… We can’t jump on every mistake or problem… In fairness, the forums are never down. And they are not " critical" … And they didn’t lose any data… This is a big deal… Shows they do care about us

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I don’t know if I am alarmist but this made me think of something “disastrous”… What if Micasaverde goes belly-up one day? I suppose our Vera controllers would still work (at least locally) but most likely we would lose this forum, this community. I and certainly would be lost without all of you for all the help you have provided me in the past many years. So I don’t know if this is even feasible, but shouldn’t we host this forum somewhere else than on the Micasaverde server? (When I say “WE” don;t look at me on how to do this, I am clueless) And please don’t take this personally you folks at Micasaverde, I appreciate very much everything you’re doing, and I know you are sometimes slow to respond but I understand you’re a small team, new technology, new problems etc… and so I can be patient at times. But the last few days were scary times for me :-s
Anyway… it was just a thought

[quote=“konradwalsh, post:7, topic:187082”]Ease up guys… We can’t jump on every mistake or problem… In fairness, the forums are never down. And they are not " critical" … And they didn’t lose any data… This is a big deal… Shows they do care about us

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk[/quote]

No one said it was critical. I am deeply involved in 24x7 Internet operations management and monitoring, if they can’t correctly monitor the forums (which aren’t critical) then their monitoring of more critical systems has to be suspect.

Putting up a status page of green lights that never change correctly is a false sense of warm and fuzzy.

You cut people slack who have a track record of at least trying to do the right thing on a consistent basis, you earn the respect over time. These folks have a long row to hoe.