Orbit Sprinkler Controller

Orbit now has a 12-zone sprinkler controller out for the “IRIS” system at Lowes. Does anyone know if it can link with vera? Thanks

check the Q&A on the Orbit site, it says Zigbee :frowning:

https://www.orbitonline.com/products/sprinkler-systems/timers/timers/easy-set-logic-all-weather-sprinkler-timer/iris-easy-set-logic-timer-12-station

I was looking at this controller yesterday and after I red the reviews about the poor connectivity I closed the page. I’ve got a Wink controller and use the Wink plugin to control Zigbee devices, so technically if you wanted to use this controller you could always go that route. I added the Wink controller to enable more protocols, mainly to use the GE Link bulbs.

Just an update: At the SmartThings forum it has a long thread that doesn’t bode well for the reliability of the Iris Orbit Sprinkler Controllers’ water valves. It was reported the valve can get stuck in the open position and yet will report being closed resulting in flooded yards. So even with Wink it might not be advisable to go that way still.

Any sprinkler valve can stick open. The reliability of the timer is what I’m interested in…

Some of the orbit and possibly others have a fuse to protect the controller. When it blows, the solenoids don’t work , but on mine, it appears like everything is normal. Just no water. Are you able to turn on a sprinkler valve manually?