Onkyo Receiver Plugin

Looking for someone to take over this project. I am running out of time to work on it. I can give them access to code.mios.com and also make them a colaborator on apps.mios.com. Are there any programmers interested?

[b]The plugin code is now hosted on code.mios.com. Please see instructions and other documentation on the new wiki page at [url=http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_onkyoavr/wiki]http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_onkyoavr/wiki[/url].[/b]

Created an Onkyo Receiver plugin from the original Onkyo Receiver plugin. Also implemented code from the Denon Receiver plugin to allow multiple zones as devices. Feel free to give feedback on my plugin. My receiver is a TX-NR616. Plugin still is in beta, but basic functionality is there.

This plugin is not compatible with UI6.

Instructions
After installing the plugin a device will automatically be created. Go to the advanced tab of that device and add IP address of your receiver (I recommend setting a static IP address on your receiver). You will have basic control from the dashboard. You must have “network standby” enabled for this plugin to turn the receiver on and off.

Versions and Change Log:
1.0 Initial release

1.1 Fixed some errors

To be released: 1.2 Adding TV control for testers. Possible navigation change.

1.3-12-29-13

• Bug fixes
  • Better Navigation screen. Added Navigation buttons. Take a look at attached screenshot.
  • Added Information Tab.
  • Added TV on, off, and input - Feature beta - I need testers. My tv doesn’t support control from Onkyo receiver.
  • Possibly closer to AutHomationHD App support.

1.4- 12-31-13

• Fixed bugs with mute toggling.
  • Cleaned up some code.

1.5 - 2014-01-06

• Added Home and Menu navigation buttons.

1.6 -2014-01-06

• Added Playback controls
  • Added setIfChanged function for better coding standards
    Need opinions on if the screen is getting too crowded with the playback controls. Screen shot is attached for version 1.6.

1.9 - 2014-02-03 - Beta Release

• Added HDMI Output
  • Added Macro Raw Commands as an input in config tab (Not tested).
  • Bug fixes with Macro - Now Macros are zone independent. Fixed not selecting items.
  • Added Pause Macro Steps “PSEC” for handling DNLA and other net services that require time to search.
  • Partially added AVTransport protocol.
  • Info Tab changed to Playback Tab.

What else was changed and where can I get it?

Awesome … I’ve been waiting for an Onkyo plugin to resurface since they fixed the Onkyo firmware bug that messed it up if Vera was on the same network.

Where can we find it?

-GT

I am publishing the plugin now. It would be great for feedback on the plugin.

Hopefully I can test it out this weekend!.
As for the Onkyo problems: As GT! mentioned, Onkyo published new firmware last month that specifically calls out and resolves the issue related to a Vera being on the same network. I have been running this new version for the last month and my Onkyo has been working flawlessly since then.

Still waiting for my plugin to get approved by micasaverde. I don’t know if they approve plugins on the weekend.

MCV does not operate on weekends.

• Garrett

I still had the Onkyo Media Control Plugin 0.11 installed (luckily!!!) and from ancient times… is this new plugin a “replacement”? I have installed it and it does work… will this plugin be further developed by you?

@jullio GREAT WORK!.
It has definitely extended the functionality from before. Multi-zone works well which was a bit of pain with the old plugin. Defining the NET services by name is also a big improvement.

Although I doubt this was caused to your plugin, I did have a problem during install. I am just stating it in case someone else comes across the same symptom.
I manually cleared the old Onkyo plugin from my Vera and installed the plugin. Not sure why, but for some reason the UPnP devices advertised between my AV Vera unit and my Primary Vera got corrupted. The primary Onkyo device boxes on the primary vera showed a generic icon with no controls. I finally just restored my primary from backup and everything worked great after and the controls were available in the GUI.

One thing I have noticed with the old Onkyo plugin and your new one is that many of the named inputs that I can select in the drop-down in the Advanced or PLEG configuration screens for the plugin show device names that do work with at least my Onkyo. The obvious Input1-10 work, however at least with my model (TX-NR818) the discrete names are hit or miss. Not sure if there is a way to fix it though as it may work on other models.

I will keep testing over the next week, but for now it is definitely worth upgrading from the old one.

Yamaha please…

[quote=“niharmehta, post:9, topic:178032”]@jullio GREAT WORK!.
It has definitely extended the functionality from before. Multi-zone works well which was a bit of pain with the old plugin. Defining the NET services by name is also a big improvement.

Although I doubt this was caused to your plugin, I did have a problem during install. I am just stating it in case someone else comes across the same symptom.
I manually cleared the old Onkyo plugin from my Vera and installed the plugin. Not sure why, but for some reason the UPnP devices advertised between my AV Vera unit and my Primary Vera got corrupted. The primary Onkyo device boxes on the primary vera showed a generic icon with no controls. I finally just restored my primary from backup and everything worked great after and the controls were available in the GUI.

One thing I have noticed with the old Onkyo plugin and your new one is that many of the named inputs that I can select in the drop-down in the Advanced or PLEG configuration screens for the plugin show device names that do work with at least my Onkyo. The obvious Input1-10 work, however at least with my model (TX-NR818) the discrete names are hit or miss. Not sure if there is a way to fix it though as it may work on other models.

I will keep testing over the next week, but for now it is definitely worth upgrading from the old one.[/quote]

You shouldn’t have any problems with installing the plugin after following a couple of steps. If anyone does please let me know. I don’t have two Vera’s so my install hasn’t been tested for that scenario. Below is my recommendation when installing the plugin.

[ol][li]Install Plugin Onkyo Receiver (AVR)[/li]
[li]Type in IP Address of Receiver under Advanced Tab on Device Page[/li]
[li]Click Reload at the top.[/li]
[li]Zone 2 to Zone (n) will show up as devices.[/li]
[li]Click Reload at the top.[/li]
[li]Refresh the page.[/li][/ol]

If the device menu only shows on/off and volume just reload the web page by pressing F5 or click refresh on the browser menu.

[quote=“niharmehta, post:9, topic:178032”]…

I will keep testing over the next week, but for now it is definitely worth upgrading from the old one.[/quote]

Could you tell me what discrete inputs don’t work for you. I implemented the inputs a little different than the older plugin. Also do all the inputs on the settings page work? I appreciate your feedback.

See here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=18469.0

Works well with an Integra DHC-9.9, after disabling the Onkyo EventGhost plugin…they don’t seem to like playing with each other.

The Onkyo receiver has the capability to control the tv through an hdmi cable. The Onkyo receiver calls it RIHD and at least my TV (Visio Mseries) calls it CEC. My TV can turn on and off my Onkyo receiver through CEC. I saw the option in the Onkyo App to turn off the TV from the receiver. Has anyone got this to work? Onkyo says it is possible.

If you would like I can add a command in the Onkyo Plugin to turn the tv off or on. I just need testers to try it out. I wanted to add this functionality but I could never get my TV to turn off from the Onkyo App.

Have an Onkyo TX-NR717 and this plugin works great. Had been working on my own simple plugin prior to your release but, nothing as versatile as yours. Do have some comments and questions.

1. you spelled DLNA wrong.
  2. did some re-arranging of the Control tab, would like to send it to you for review is possible
  3. any idea why this doesn’t work in Vera Mobile or AutHomationHD? Get error “No implementation”.
  4. you included several Network Selections that are not available on the NR717 like Airplay, Napster & E-Onkyo. Did you include them because they are available on other models?
  5. would be happy to help test any other features you add

By the way, great implementation, really like this app.

I had the old plugin also. I took the old plugin added control for the other zones. The old plugin disappeared from the apps selection so I thought I would bring it back.

[quote=“kendad, post:15, topic:178032”]Have an Onkyo TX-NR717 and this plugin works great. Had been working on my own simple plugin prior to your release but, nothing as versatile as yours. Do have some comments and questions.

1. you spelled DLNA wrong.
  2. did some re-arranging of the Control tab, would like to send it to you for review is possible
  3. any idea why this doesn’t work in Vera Mobile or AutHomationHD? Get error “No implementation”.
  4. you included several Network Selections that are not available on the NR717 like Airplay, Napster & E-Onkyo. Did you include them because they are available on other models?
  5. would be happy to help test any other features you add

By the way, great implementation, really like this app.[/quote]
In reply to your post.

1. I fixed the spelling. That will be part of the update for 1.2. Won’t be launching another update tell I can test some other things for better stability.
  2. I am open to layout changes. I took most of my time working on the functionality and not the UI so I am all ears for any layout improvements.
  3. I do not know why. If you could get me more information or if other custom apps do work in the Vera Mobile, then I can see how to fix it.
  4. I included all the inputs and net services that were listed on Onkyo’s eISCP documentation to support other receivers. My receiver doesn’t support Napster and e-onkyo either.
  5. I will be adding a button to turn off and on your tv to the next update. Let me know if anyone gets it to work.

Hi Jullio,

Thank you very much for the plugin it’s working great for me :slight_smile:

I would be keen to have the TV on/off option.

If you want someone to test let me know sure.

Thanks

Ally

[quote=“jullio, post:17, topic:178032”]In reply to your post.

1. I fixed the spelling. That will be part of the update for 1.2. Won’t be launching another update tell I can test some other things for better stability.
  2. I am open to layout changes. I took most of my time working on the functionality and not the UI so I am all ears for any layout improvements.
  3. I do not know why. If you could get me more information or if other custom apps do work in the Vera Mobile, then I can see how to fix it.
  4. I included all the inputs and net services that were listed on Onkyo’s eISCP documentation to support other receivers. My receiver doesn’t support Napster and e-onkyo either.
  5. I will be adding a button to turn off and on your tv to the next update. Let me know if anyone gets it to work.[/quote]

I also use the DSC alarm plugin and all of the devices listed for that one appear on Vera Mobile and AutHomationHD. I can also control the alarm just like in the Vera itself. I don’t have any other plugins to compare.

3rd party plugins would require the developers of the 3rd party apps to support them.

• Garrett