One lock using much more battery power than another

I’ve got two identical locks on two rooms within 10 feet of each other. Both locks appear to be programmed the same. Neither lock is used very much. One is running down the battery at least 4 or 5 times faster than the other. Any ideas on what is going on?

How well is it alligned with the door jamb ? (assuming its a motorized dead bolt)

What type of lock is it?

Both locks are Yale YRL-220-ZW-619. But this battery issue is there even if the locks are not used at all. They are on storage rooms which are rarely accessed.

I had the same issue with my Schlage BE469NXCAM619. The battery in one would last just a few weeks before replacing while the other lasted for 3-4 months. Called Schlage and they just said defects happen and return it. They have an “almost” no questions asked policy for the return. In fact they didn’t even want the old one back, they just sent a new one.

Check to see what the polling interval is set to on the lock that runs its battery down so quickly.

There was a bug in Vera (do not know if or when it was fixed) where the polling interval was set to every 2 minutes. Which caused the battery to exhaust in just a few weeks.

I turned off my polling entirely for my locks - and the batteries last much, much longer.

[quote=“aa6vh, post:5, topic:188459”]Check to see what the polling interval is set to on the lock that runs its battery down so quickly.

There was a bug in Vera (do not know if or when it was fixed) where the polling interval was set to every 2 minutes. Which caused the battery to exhaust in just a few weeks.

I turned off my polling entirely for my locks - and the batteries last much, much longer.[/quote]

I use three hour polling on my locks, and that works great IMO. The setting is 10800 seconds…