One leviton lamp module, multiple lamps

Can I hook up multiple (two) lamps to this one dimmer module?

[quote=“dt3, post:1, topic:186619”]http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-VRPD3-1LW-300-watt-Capable-Plug-In/dp/B00JFF4RG4/ref=dp_ob_title_hi

Can I hook up multiple (two) lamps to this one dimmer module?[/quote]
I’m assuming you mean can it handle the load? All will obviously come on and off at the same time.

It says in the discription:

[b]Provides ON/OFF/DIM/BRIGHT switching of CFL/LED loads up to 100W Provides ON/OFF/DIM/BRIGHT switching of incandescent loads up to 300W[/b]

I’m not sure what watt light bulb or if your using led or compact florescent or just the old school incandescent… but 60w is most common. That means you can hook up several if you want.

ILW - thanks again for the help. My actual question is how I handle the additional plugs. As simple as a couple extension cords and a http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004YUL6/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1427377582&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=electrical+outlet+splitter

I know I’m really stretching that “there is no such thing as a stupid question” but better safe than sorry.

[quote=“dt3, post:3, topic:186619”]ILW - thanks again for the help. My actual question is how I handle the additional plugs. As simple as a couple extension cords and a Amazon.com

I know I’m really stretching that “there is no such thing as a stupid question” but better safe than sorry.[/quote]

I used a very similar “splitter” on my leviton and schlage dimmers for my sofa table lamps. I’ve since moved to Cree Connected bulbs for individual control, but it worked very well for the 1+ year that I had it set up like that. Granted, I used LED bulbs when I was using the z-wave dimmer.

[quote=“SirMeili, post:4, topic:186619”][quote=“dt3, post:3, topic:186619”]ILW - thanks again for the help. My actual question is how I handle the additional plugs. As simple as a couple extension cords and a http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004YUL6/ref=mp_s_a_1_13?qid=1427377582&sr=8-13&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=electrical+outlet+splitter

I know I’m really stretching that “there is no such thing as a stupid question” but better safe than sorry.[/quote]

I used a very similar “splitter” on my leviton and schlage dimmers for my sofa table lamps. I’ve since moved to Cree Connected bulbs for individual control, but it worked very well for the 1+ year that I had it set up like that. Granted, I used LED bulbs when I was using the z-wave dimmer.[/quote]

What hub are you using for the Cree bulbs? It drives me nuts that there isn’t a low cost Z-wave integrated LED bulb yet.

I had Philips Hues already, so I use that for the hub with the Hue Plugin for Vera.

Funny coincidence… doing the exact opposite, moving from cree connected (via hue hub) to these lamp dimmer modules. Hoping to get a little big brighter of a bulb.

Thanks for the reply.

[quote=“dt3, post:7, topic:186619”]Funny coincidence… doing the exact opposite, moving from cree connected (via hue hub) to these lamp dimmer modules. Hoping to get a little big brighter of a bulb.

Thanks for the reply.[/quote]

And for me instead of using these external moduals I like to change the in wall plug. These are 34.99 at my local LOWES hardware store. They blend right in vs. hanging off the plug. I have a few of these even outside with my low voltage outdoor lighting plugged into it.

Images below.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:186619”][quote=“dt3, post:7, topic:186619”]Funny coincidence… doing the exact opposite, moving from cree connected (via hue hub) to these lamp dimmer modules. Hoping to get a little big brighter of a bulb.

Thanks for the reply.[/quote]

And for me instead of using these external moduals I like to change the in wall plug. These are 34.99 at my local LOWES hardware store. They blend right in vs. hanging off the plug. I have a few of these even outside with my low voltage outdoor lighting plugged into it.

Images below.[/quote]

In my instance, I had mounted a power strip under the sofa table that it plugged into and ran the power down the leg (on the couch side so you wouldn’t see it). This also provided power the the Harmony remote charger and the tablet charger :wink:

@dt3 I’m surprised the Crees weren’t bright enough. Mine are just as good as the ones I replaced, but they were also 60w. I do wish they would make brighter versions of the connected bulbs (75w/100w)