Older Versions

Hi,

I love the imperihome app. However, I got a new android device running android 4.4.2 and will not run the latest version. Is there anyway I can get an older version of the app to load onto that device to be able to have it on all my devices. I’m not too worried if I cannot get the pro version (would still prefer but not a deal breaker) I do have the google play store which also says newest version is not compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

[quote=“SLC-Josh, post:1, topic:197623”]Hi,

I love the imperihome app. However, I got a new android device running android 4.4.2 and will not run the latest version. Is there anyway I can get an older version of the app to load onto that device to be able to have it on all my devices. I’m not too worried if I cannot get the pro version (would still prefer but not a deal breaker) I do have the google play store which also says newest version is not compatible.

Thanks in advance.

Josh[/quote]

I just picked up a couple of Amazon Fire HD8’s (6th Generation) for under $30 and ImperiHome works on them. Maybe just get a cheap device and not try to shoehorn the new app into old hardware?

Well its a custom android desktop phone. So would not want to replace it as everything but Imperihome works on it. Heck even the Vera app (which I hate) works on it. Older versions were able to go on these devices but I don’t have those devices to get the apk from. Imperihome should keep a copy of older versions anyways as a backup.

Yeah, situations like this remind me to extract the apks. I have wall-mounted tabs running Android 4.x and 5.x that i may want to revert back to if the latest ver of imperihome become incompatible.

I emailed them and they told me they don’t keep the apks. Seriously?? I don’t believe that at all. I have done programming since middle school and I still have files from then. I wish I had backed it up but I was preparing others quickly for my business and didn’t expect them to be such a pain, especially since they have a white label service. Also for reference, these are the phones: Ubiquiti | UniFi | Business Telephony Simplified
Now the next question is it wrong to download an older version from somewhere else if it was free to begin with?

[quote=“SLC-Josh”]I emailed them and they told me they don’t keep the apks. Seriously?? I don’t believe that at all. I have done programming since middle school and I still have files from then. I wish I had backed it up but I was preparing others quickly for my business and didn’t expect them to be such a pain, especially since they have a white label service. Also for reference, these are the phones: Ubiquiti | UniFi | Business Telephony Simplified
Now the next question is it wrong to download an older version from somewhere else if it was free to begin with?[/quote]I paid for ImperiHome but if you got free (before they charged for it) or even paid for it, getting a copy that works for you is kosher IMHO.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

[quote=“treetop777”]Yeah, situations like this remind me to extract the apks. I have wall-mounted tabs running Android 4.x and 5.x that i may want to revert back to if the latest ver of imperihome become incompatible.[/quote]How does one extract apk’s?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Use android app “APK Extractor”

Hi,

I normally use the website below, works for me, although not all of the links work sometimes.