Good afternoon All,

Does the VeraPlus still work at controlling, even if OFFLINE,

Thanks

Dom

You mean without internet?

If so then yes. But the time can get out of sync badly so anything based on time of day can get messed up

You would need to put your Vera on a UPC or modify it’s configuration to get time from a local PC that serves up RTIME requests.

I have my Vera on an UPS that should last a good 3 or 4 hours. My network is also on a UPS giving me about 45 min. My Blue Iris PC is on a 3rd UPS for about 20 minutes. I set up a PLEG and some devices to monitor both the Network and PC UPS’s. If both on battery, I get a notification of a power outage. If one or the other, no notification.

As I think about it, I should add a notification on the network outage - pretty critical portion of my setup.

Maybe a stupid question, but what is it going to be controlling if you have a power outage?

And if you have no internet, how would the notifications work?

It should serve as a deterrent at least. Most Z-wave sirens have battery backups and security sensors as well.

So it could at least trigger the sirens.

[quote=“rge, post:5, topic:195517”]Maybe a stupid question, but what is it going to be controlling if you have a power outage?

And if you have no internet, how would the notifications work?[/quote]

I have a few battery devices so at least those sensors will still trigger during an outage.

My internet typically still works during an outage so knowing the power is out is what I am looking for.