Official Statement on UI6

We wish to make a very clear statement about our plans for supporting UI6 and the new MMS APIs. Automator.app, the application on the App Store, will not support UI6. It will continue to support UI4 and UI5 releases. A new product will be released once complete that will exclusively support UI6.

We understand this will not be popular with some, however, after so many years of supporting UI4 and UI5 releases we do not want to drop this compatibility, yet we wish to provide even better functionality in the future. Supporting all three releases in a single app, particularly given the fairly significant changes included in UI6, would hamper our ability to provide the best product.

A timeline is not known for this new product. When it does come out we will be very conscious of initial pricing to ease the cost burden for existing users.

Can i become a beta tester for ur app?

// Sorry about my spelling I’m dyslexic and so you know all translations is translate by Google translate so don’t complain about my English spelling \

Me too, would like to beta test. thanks

We might have a public beta but to be honest these have been of little benefit to us historically.

Well first off, I’m currently using this app on UI6, at least when I’m in my network. I have a question about setting the secondary connection on a manual set up with a DNS and forwarding a port. Would there be any issues with doing that, that you may know of?
Only thing that doesn’t work for me anymore are the thermostats.

Secondly, I would gladly pay for the new app, and would help beta test too!
This App has always been my favorite/primary. So lately I have to either use the new MVC App or home.getvera from a browser to work my stat’s.

I’m eager to see your new release, any idea on projected release? Thanks for what you do :slight_smile:

[quote=“ElMagnifico, post:5, topic:179786”]Well first off, I’m currently using this app on UI6, at least when I’m in my network. I have a question about setting the secondary connection on a manual set up with a DNS and forwarding a port. Would there be any issues with doing that, that you may know of?
Only thing that doesn’t work for me anymore are the thermostats.

Secondly, I would gladly pay for the new app, and would help beta test too!
This App has always been my favorite/primary. So lately I have to either use the new MVC App or home.getvera from a browser to work my stat’s.

I’m eager to see your new release, any idea on projected release? Thanks for what you do :)[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words.

You will have generally good success if you are using a manual connection locally. There are things that will likely be broken – state icons for example. I haven’t gotten to thermostats either but UI6 has completely messed mine up too.

No idea on timelines. I am leaning towards making a beta available as I don’t think I can get an official, complete version done as quickly as those would like. I have a lot of new stuff planned but will likely beta “basic” functionality and get that solid.

quoting “We might have a public beta but to be honest these have been of little benefit to us historically”

You did not say why beta did not benefit you, can you elaborate please. In my experience, you have to select right beta tester’s and provide them with mechanism to report bugs.

my 2 cents :slight_smile: