Oct Update?

[quote=“martina1965”]Updated. Universal binary sensors seem to work properly.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks martina it looks like they have finally cracked it. Can’t wait for the public release. Unfortunately I cannot afford to install the beta this time round due to being away. Did you need to re add the sensors or did they just work with the update?

They just work

Thanks Silverow for the feedback.

I took the plunge, so far is looking pretty good but i have a number of plugins to check, and a few more items to add, as i haven’t added any since the swap to beta.

Hardware that seems to work ok

EZMotion Triple Sensor
Fibaro Motion Sensor
Aeon Labs 4 in 1 Multisensor
Fibaro Universal Door & Window Sensor
Fibaro Relay Insert 2 * 1.5 KW
Fibaro Universal Dimmer 500W
Fibaro Universal Sensor
Fibaro Relay Insert 1 * 2.5 KW
Qubino Flush Relay x 2
Qubino Flush Dimmer
Qubino Flush Relay x 1
StellaZ Radiator Thermostat
Secure Boiler Receiver (now correctly shows as relay)
Aeon Labs Minimote Remote
TKB Plugin dimmer
TKB Plugin switch

Not 100%

Secure 7 Day Programmable Room Thermostat (works but doesn?t show current setpoint in vera, but you can set via advanced tab)

Aeon Labs 4 in 1 Multisensor - Gen5 (Not working, constantly tripped) however light, temp and humidity work.

As for plugins

RTS plugins seem to be OK
Sonos

I hope this helps

[quote=“birchey”][quote=“martina1965”]Updated. Universal binary sensors seem to work properly.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk[/quote]

Thanks martina it looks like they have finally cracked it. Can’t wait for the public release. Unfortunately I cannot afford to install the beta this time round due to being away. Did you need to re add the sensors or did they just work with the update?[/quote]
I did the update from remote as I’m 3000km from home now and everything went flawless. You do not need to do anything else than applying the update to the firmware.

Inviato dal mio LG-D802 utilizzando Tapatalk

All seems well here, but someone REALLY needs to look into resolving the ERGY plugin. Don’t know if it’s PLEG specific, but everything works like a dream until I enable ERGY. Would be nice to ensure this plugin doesn’t cause constant crashes since it’s so integrated in UI7

[quote=“SanderL, post:20, topic:189279”]Marc. Mail forwarded…

SEP 28, 2015 | 09:32AM PDT
***** replied:

Hello,

The next firmware build 7.12 would be released on the first week of October. You may check our release notes http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles .[/quote]

Marc, what about that mail? Where is the promised upgrade in the first week of october!?

Be honest please… if the argument is not to release yet due to extra testing and last minute bug findings… It can’t be worse than it is right now…

[quote=“SanderL, post:47, topic:189279”][quote=“SanderL, post:20, topic:189279”]Marc. Mail forwarded…

SEP 28, 2015 | 09:32AM PDT
***** replied:

Hello,

The next firmware build 7.12 would be released on the first week of October. You may check our release notes http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles .[/quote]

Marc, what about that mail? Where is the promised upgrade in the first week of october!?

Be honest please… if the argument is not to release yet due to extra testing and last minute bug findings… It can’t be worse than it is right now…[/quote]

i followed that link and it shows a release on oct. 23rd
did you look at that changelog?

Yes mvader, I did. I was the one that was the source of the “oct update”. Micasaverde sent me an email in septmber with a promise of an upgrade in the 1st week of october.

I ask MCV where that promised update is…

And no, beta doesn’t count as you can’t get support for that.

Additional: the bug that MCV has confirmed of unwanted uploading of images to the MCV cloud from added camera’s is also not on the list…

[quote=“SanderL, post:49, topic:189279”]Yes mvader, I did. I was the one that was the source of the “oct update”. Micasaverde sent me an email in septmber with a promise of an upgrade in the 1st week of october.

I ask MCV where that promised update is…

And no, beta doesn’t count as you can’t get support for that.

Additional: the bug that MCV has confirmed of unwanted uploading of images to the MCV cloud from added camera’s is also not on the list…[/quote]

Beta counts in my book if it works. I have called and emailed them while on BETA. They didn’t hang up on me.
This is no different then any other release just has a different label on it.

Speaking too soon. It seems I could not turn off/on my Philips Hue light anymore :(. Anyone experience the same problem?

Don’t have any HUE lights over here only z-wave. You using a plugin? Have you tried asking in that section?

Did not yet have a chance to update as I am remote and prudent in that situation.

I had two minor concerns with 7.11 and would like to know if these have been corrected in the 7.12 beta:

1. Energy usage variable “Watts” reported with 3 decimals… Integer value as in prior F/W was more realistic and better looking
  2. Variable “LastUntrip” is no longer updated for any of the relevant devices I own: Fibaro motion control and door/window sensors

Thanks for any feedback!

I am still frustrated there seems to be no bug/improvement tracking tool open to the users community to address these minor but irritating things

I got a problem since I installed the beta version with the Blue Iris plugin… this what I get…

“You are seeing the video in emulation mode, click on Retry to load it again in continous mode.”

I fixed my hue light problems. My veralite could still control my hue lights but not the edge. I am not sure how my hue light setting is changed for edge but when copying all the configs from lite to edge and my edge could control my hue lights now.

Platform:
Vera Edge 1.7.1419 before upgrade to 1.7.1509

Beta Breaks:
Philips Hue v1.7 last update 2015-07-24 (Not the Hue2 MiOS-Beta)
Ecolink Z-Wave PIR (ZWAVE2-ECO)
HomeWave ? 3rd Party iOS app

Work-Arounds:
Philips Hue 2 ? Beta works with 1.7.1509, however, in its Beta state, lacks the features of the older Hue plugin identified above.

End-State of test:
Revert to 1.7.14 production release and restore from backup. Ecolink Z-Wave PIRs not working is a deal breaker for my purposes.

Any idea when the stable October release will be released?

November? :o

[quote=“dynamicpbx, post:56, topic:189279”]Beta Breaks:
HomeWave ? 3rd Party iOS app[/quote]

What is broken with homwave? Im using it on beta?

You speak the truth. I was having all sorts of issues with slow scene responses on my Vera Edge with UI7 that were immediately resolved when I disabled the ERGY plugin. It took a LOT of frustrating troubleshooting to determine that ERGY was the issue.