Oct Update?

Hi, so I’ve held-off for this long… couldn’t resist any longer! :stuck_out_tongue:

So the Oct update is running late… is there some reason why … one that everyone here but me knows about? ???

Stu.

I am expecting that Vera will fix this time in this new update an old regression

Case #124828 : Garage door sensor Vision ZG8101 always tripped (r?gression 7.0.9)

@Stu

I hope it’s because they are getting ready to release Vera Plus.

I think you might be making up dates in your head but no one ever said a release will come for sure every month or what time of the month. Plus VERA is always behind.

It would be best to calm yourself now before you have a huge let down.

Hi Integ… all is calm… not a demand… just curiosity since they’ve been pretty consistent since I started using this system last Dec.

Based on their Firmware track record, I am hesitant to install anything at this point. I will probably pick up another Edge for firmware testing before installing it on my main house controller.

I have to confess that I’m a little afraid of what takes place at the moment.

With the recent firmwares, it seems that there is a loss of control concerning the management of the Z-Wave network.
I’ve some door sensors which trip alone in the middle of the night, and some which trigger twice on opening and closing.

I don’t know where is the problem (Vera or Sigma Designs) but I find that worrying.

I’d rather skip a month and get an update that has gone through extensive QA as to not repeat last months fun and games with the ZCOMBO ghost alerts ;). Although I am waiting impatiently for the full First Alert ZCOMBO support that should be in the new firmware now that FA has provided the info needed for that.

+1 on both statements

Also the full implementation of the MultiSensor 6, oh and don’t forget fixing the thermostat UI to allow Heat and Cool setpoints like you could in UI5.

Seconded. I use that to adjust my Trane stat multiple times a day. Which is why it’s still being controlled by my Ui5 Vera. As her in Fla right now A/C is crucial, there is no way I will remove it from my UI5 Vera and add it to my Ui7 one unless I am 100% sure that functionality is there and functional.

They are late. They promised 1st of October with multiple bug fixes.

They are currently going through final debugging. They found some issues and decided to repair them instead of releasing with the bugs, hence the delay. I think we can all agree that while we would have wanted the release on time, they made the right decision here.

I want to be again able to trust my Vera… so I can wait a little.

Quality over quantity in this case.

We are in process of making some great changes to the release management process; there should be an announcement in the Official Announcement thread soon.

The VeraPlus is not holding up the release and I don’t know where the October 1 date came from; we don’t put specific dates out for FW updates.

I can verify that QA has validated the ZCombo fix and it will actually now have more available alerts.

We are working very closely with Aeon on the Multisensor 6.

I meant 1st week of october. Give me you mail address and I’ll forward you the mail(s).

[quote=“Marc Shenker, post:16, topic:189279”]We are in process of making some great changes to the release management process; there should be an announcement in the Official Announcement thread soon.

The VeraPlus is not holding up the release and I don’t know where the October 1 date came from; we don’t put specific dates out for FW updates.

I can verify that QA has validated the ZCombo fix and it will actually now have more available alerts.

We are working very closely with Aeon on the Multisensor 6.[/quote]

@Marc ,

Resend of the "reply#1 of this thread :

I am expecting that Vera will fix this time in this new update an old regression

Case #124828 : Garage door sensor Vision ZG8101 always tripped (r?gression 7.0.9)

[quote=“gerardosamara, post:18, topic:189279”][quote=“Marc Shenker, post:16, topic:189279”]We are in process of making some great changes to the release management process; there should be an announcement in the Official Announcement thread soon.

We are working very closely with Aeon on the Multisensor 6.[/quote]

@Marc ,

Resend of the "reply#1 of this thread :

Case #124828 : Garage door sensor Vision ZG8101 always tripped (r?gression 7.0.9)[/quote]

gerardosamara, I looked up your case and Checked in with the Development Team. It should be fixed, we have received our testing sample. I have asked the Team to contact you when the FW is released to test it with you.

SanderL my email is marc@getvera.com. Thanks.

Marc. Mail forwarded…

SEP 28, 2015 | 09:32AM PDT
***** replied:

Hello,

The next firmware build 7.12 would be released on the first week of October. You may check our release notes http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/topics/666697-release-notes/articles .