NX-8E panel programming details

Some Setup instructions for NX-8E Modified from HomeSeer Forum.

SETTINGS FOR CADDX PANEL

In order for the Vera plugin to properly control the CADDX security system and to utilize all the control functionality that the plugin provides, you must program the CADDX system to interface with the Vera plugin.

The CADDX NX-8e can be programmed using CADDDX DL900 software or can be programmed directly from the alarm’s main lcd panel. The settings below show how to program the NX8-e directly from the alarm lcd panel:

Here are the steps and location entries you must make to program the alarm for Vera plugin control of the alarm system:

—Go to the main lcd control panel for your CADDX NX8-e alarm system
—Enter “Program Mode” … Push “*8” (ignore quotes on all entries – enter the data between the quotes) -
—You are then prompted to enter your code… YOU MUST ENTER THE SO-CALLED “PROGRAM CODE” NOT YOUR REGULAR ARM/DISARM USER CODE!!! The factory default program code is “9713” but most alarm companies change the program code and are reluctant to give it out…even to the homeowner… You must get this “program” code to continue or get the alarm company to program the following!
—You will next be asked to enter a device address … Enter “0#” for the

NX-8e
—LOCATION PROGRAMMING - GENERAL
You will now have to program a series of alarm system LOCATIONS and SEGMENTS …you first enter the location number followed by the pound " # " key i.e.
For Location 210, enter “210#” .

After entering, for example 210#, you are greeted with a series of “Segments” … Segment 1, Segment 2 etc… Some locations have only one segment and others have several. Each segment has up to 8 data positions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 which are either turned on (you see the number displayed on the screen) or OFF (the individual number is NOT displayed).

After completing the entering of all data changes in an individual segment, you must press star/asterisk " * " to save the change!!! The asterisk also takes you from segment to segment. DON’T FORGET TO HIT THE " * " KEY TO SAVE ANY CHANGES OR THEY WILL BE LOST!!!

Location Data to be entered:
LOCATION #207 - 1 ON (Serial Port Enable for Home Automation)
LOCATION #208 - 4 ON (Serial Port Baud Rate = 31600)
LOCATION #209 - SEGMENT #1 (Set the Home Automation protocol to BINARY): 1 OFF
LOCATION #210 - SEGMENT #1 : 2 5 6 7 8 ON
LOCATION #210 - SEGMENT #2: 1 3 4 ON
LOCATION #211 - SEGMENT #1: 2 4 5 6 7 8 ON
LOCATION #211 - SEGMENT #2: 1 3 4 5 ON
LOCATION #211 - SEGMENT #3: 1 2 3 5 7 ON
LOCATION #211 - SEGMENT #4: 3 4 5 6 7 8 ON

—Exit the programming mode by pressing the “Exit” button twice…the panel will give an error message, then reboot and should be ready-to-go.

I had an issue where my panel became disconnected from my Vera unit (tends to happen when my lights go off, haven’t figured it out yet) and I have to reboot the alarm system and reload Luup engine to fix it. Somehow my baud rate was set to 9600 for my serial connection on Vera and when I went back through all my settings I noticed that this post indicated my baud rate should be set to option 4 (31,600). There was no corresponding value in Vera for that baud rate so I left it at 9600. Took a look this morning as I could not get it to communicate and checked what I had my panel set at and it was indeed 4. I looked at the book and option 4 is 38,400. Once I set my baud rate in Vera to match it worked. Just thought I would make note of this. I don’t think the baud rate matters as long as they match on the panel and vera side. But 31600 is not a valid option according to the documentation in my panel. Since I don’t dabble in this frequently this threw me for a loop so I thought I would post the correct value in case anyone else has this problem.