Notification Problems

Is there an issue with rector sending notifications?

Yesterday notifications where acting up for me, lengthy delays etc, however today they simply aren’t working at all. Almost all of mine are generated by reactor but they’ve always worked until the last two days. I’m running 1.5.

[quote=“dJOS, post:1, topic:199804”]Is there an issue with rector sending notifications?

Yesterday notifications where acting up for me, lengthy delays etc, however today they simply aren’t working at all. Almost all of mine are generated by reactor but they’ve always worked until the last two days. I’m running 1.5.[/quote]

Technically, Reactor doesn’t send notifications, Luup does. As long as Reactor is tripping at the right times, the rest is up to Luup, your configuration for notifications, and the setup of that particular notification.

I’m heading out the door on holiday, with limited access to email starting this evening US Eastern. I’ll try to follow this until I’m out…

All my reactor scenes seem to be working fine, just notifications aren’t working.

I suspect it’s a Vera issue but busy thought I’d check.

My Vera Plus reboots everyday at 5 am and this has been an issue for several days. That said notifications appear to be working again this morning.

Ok so Notifications work when tripped manually - the problem is Reactor is no longer reading some of my variables. See below, one of my conditions is “Nest StructureHW = away” but Reactor is claiming this variable is currently “home” when it’s verifiably not - I can go to the device and confirm it’s currently “away”.

Service/Variable#15 Kilsyth Villa - Nest StructureHW = away(home) false as of 9/7/2018, 5:42:14 PM House ModeHome(Home) true as of 9/7/2018, 5:43:00 PM Service/Variable#84 Guest Mode Status = 0(0) true as of 9/7/2018, 6:29:28 PM

and this is impacting most of my current reactor devices which use various different devices to trigger scenes and I have no idea why. ??? I’m actually using reactor to run the scenes which are correctly set to manual triggering.

[quote=“dJOS, post:5, topic:199804”]Ok so Notifications work when tripped manually - the problem is Reactor is no longer reading some of my variables. See below, one of my conditions is “Nest StructureHW = away” but Reactor is claiming this variable is currently “home” when it’s verifiably not - I can go to the device and confirm it’s currently “away”.

Service/Variable#15 Kilsyth Villa - Nest StructureHW = away(home) false as of 9/7/2018, 5:42:14 PM House ModeHome(Home) true as of 9/7/2018, 5:43:00 PM Service/Variable#84 Guest Mode Status = 0(0) true as of 9/7/2018, 6:29:28 PM

and this is impacting most of my current reactor devices which use various different devices to trigger scenes and I have no idea why. ??? I’m actually using reactor to run the scenes which are correctly set to manual triggering.[/quote]
do you confirm you use this latest code from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/toggledbits/Reactor/stable ?

[quote=“amg0, post:6, topic:199804”][quote=“dJOS, post:5, topic:199804”]Ok so Notifications work when tripped manually - the problem is Reactor is no longer reading some of my variables. See below, one of my conditions is “Nest StructureHW = away” but Reactor is claiming this variable is currently “home” when it’s verifiably not - I can go to the device and confirm it’s currently “away”.

and this is impacting most of my current reactor devices which use various different devices to trigger scenes and I have no idea why. ??? I’m actually using reactor to run the scenes which are correctly set to manual triggering.[/quote]
do you confirm you use this latest code from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/toggledbits/Reactor/stable ?[/quote]

If that’s the version you mentioned earlier, then yes, I upgraded using it and it made no difference.

[quote=“dJOS”]My Vera Plus reboots everyday at 5 am and this has been an issue for several days. That said notifications appear to be working again this morning.[/quote]Is this reboot is on purpose?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

[quote=“rotbard, post:8, topic:199804”][quote=“dJOS”]My Vera Plus reboots everyday at 5 am and this has been an issue for several days. That said notifications appear to be working again this morning.[/quote]Is this reboot is on purpose?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yes, I find its more responsive and doesn’t slow down with a daily reboot. Most notably the Z-wave and Alexa integration is much snappier.

[quote=“dJOS, post:9, topic:199804”][quote=“rotbard, post:8, topic:199804”][quote=“dJOS”]My Vera Plus reboots everyday at 5 am and this has been an issue for several days. That said notifications appear to be working again this morning.[/quote]Is this reboot is on purpose?

Yes, I find its more responsive and doesn’t slow down with a daily reboot. Most notably the Z-wave and Alexa integration is much snappier.[/quote]

Btw, I hadn’t tried any longer periods, so just to be a bit more reasonable I changed the reboot period to every week - should be interesting to see how it goes.

How do reboot the controller?[quote=“dJOS”][quote=“dJOS, post:9, topic:199804”][quote=“rotbard, post:8, topic:199804”][quote=“dJOS”]My Vera Plus reboots everyday at 5 am and this has been an issue for several days. That said notifications appear to be working again this morning.[/quote]Is this reboot is on purpose?

Yes, I find its more responsive and doesn’t slow down with a daily reboot. Most notably the Z-wave and Alexa integration is much snappier.[/quote]

Btw, I hadn’t tried any longer periods, so just to be a bit more reasonable I changed the reboot period to every week - should be interesting to see how it goes.[/quote]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

easy:

create a scene with a weekly schedule eg 5am every saturday.
add “execute lua code”
in the code box paste (inc spacing)

local command = "reboot" os.execute(command)

save and you are done.

I’ve found my Vera much much more reliable with a weekly reboot.