Notification on motion not working

Hi,

I’ve only been using Vera for some days and I’m having some trouble configuring this plugin. I’ve managed getting it to send notification via mail and app to me, this works specifically when luup is reloaded (vera startup) or manually via “Send alert”.
However I can’t seem to get notification when a motion sensor (fibaro fgms 001) triggers. I first did it via the modes Home/Away/Night etc. but I read in a thread here this wasn’t supported yet (?).
Anywho, I configured the sensor device directly and added a notification event “Description: Whenever Sensor_Trappegang is armed and detects motion” and this one did not work either (no mail/app notification). I do get a mail however from Vera via notify.mios.com when it triggers, so it does trigger a notification in the UI7.

What I am doing wrong? ???

Using Vera Edge and UI7.

Solved by using PLEG

When ever you add or modify a Notification in Vera … you must open the Notifiction Configuration tab.
This is where Vera Alert finds the notifications in the system. It’s also there that it allows you to override the default notification.
Down’t forget to Reload Vera when you are done making changes.

Thanks, I never reloaded Vera after the changes, probably the reason.
Think I’m starting to learn how all this works together not to mention bugs/workarounds in the UI7 :wink:

[quote=“Alpoy, post:4, topic:186341”]Thanks, I never reloaded Vera after the changes, probably the reason.
Think I’m starting to learn how all this works together not to mention bugs/workarounds in the UI7 ;)[/quote]

Opening the notification tab was also a requirement in ui5 not just ui7. and when you do open that tab the instructions are written at the top in bold writing tell you what you MUST do.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:5, topic:186341”][quote=“Alpoy, post:4, topic:186341”]Thanks, I never reloaded Vera after the changes, probably the reason.
Think I’m starting to learn how all this works together not to mention bugs/workarounds in the UI7 ;)[/quote]

Opening the notification tab was also a requirement in ui5 not just ui7. and when you do open that tab the instructions are written at the top in bold writing tell you what you MUST do.[/quote]

Well as I said, I’ve only been using Vera for some days so I’ve never even seen ui5. I did as the instructions said, however if I understood RhicardTSchaefer correctly he meant rebooting the device (“Reload Vera”) not reload LUUP.

Restarting LUA is adequate … although rebooting Vera will work as well.