Not able to include any Z-Wave device

Hi,

for quite a while now I’ve got the following problem:

I’m not able to include any Z-Wave device any more. When I start the inclusion process and activate the inclusion mode on the device the countdown just counts down and no device is found. I’ve tried the following devices:

• Fibaro Smoke Sensor 2
  • Heiman Smoke Sensor HS3SA
  • Heiman Smoke Sensor HS1SA
  • Eurotronic Spirit Thermostat

After many many tries I was able to include the HS3SA. A few weeks ago I’ve spent an evening trying to include the HS1SA. Only one time I got to 5% and then the inclusion process failed. All tested devices are working with a Vera Plus, so these are not defective. A few days ago all devices included before the HS3SA smoke sensor are turned to “Device Broken. Please remove and try to pair the device again”.

With the Ezlo support I already tried the following:

• exclude a device and include it again: exclusion works within seconds, but I’m not able to include it again
  • reset the device and try to include it
  • re-start the Z-wave service in the unit and reboot it
  • let the countdown count to zero and exclude the device in the following menu: Sometimes the devices seem to be in a “think-of-beeing-included-mode”. The Spirit thermostat sometimes displays an ID after the countdown counts down as if it was included. Also the Heiman smoke sensor is blinking in a different way, when they are included. Then I’m able to exclude the device in this menu (the controller responses with a “The exclusion process stopped.” So the exclusion process seems to work flawless.

Since I don’t see any progress towards solving the problem, I’m questioning myself: Am I the only one with this kind of problem? Does this look like a defective controller?

Hello @Odysee,

We apologize for the issue you are experiencing with your Ezlo controller, our team is working on more integrations, the Heiman smoke sensor HS1SA, and the Fibaro Smoke sensor 2 is being integrated and under testing, regarding the HS3SA is under development, the Eurotronic Spirit Thermostat has an open ticket too. We know you have a pending case and one of our agents is working on your case. The controller seems to be fine as it gets into inclusion/exclusion mode but it fails during the configurations, so this is more an integration issue.

Thanks for your time and patience during this setup. We are currently working on getting more devices integrated and hope to keep counting on you as one o our customers.

Regards,

I don’t think it’s an integration issue. I’ve integrated all of these devices some time ago. And the Fibaro smoke sensor is officially integrated.

Can please somebody test with one of these devices if inclusion works?

Hello @Odysee,

We will follow up on your open support ticket (245832) and try to replicate the issue with your sensors. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

It’s been almost two weeks again and unfortunately I haven’t heard anything from the support. What about my suggestion to completely reset the device? What if it’s a hardware failure? I’m not able to do anything with this controller for over 2 month :neutral_face:

I didn’t hear anythine for one month from support. Can please someone response/take a look at this case? How about an replacement of the controller?

Hello, @Odysee

Even though we have previously mentioned that your devices Heiman HS3SA-Z (Smoke Sensor), Heiman HS1SA-Z (Smoke Sensor), Fibaro FGSD-002 (Smoke Sensor) and Eurotronic Spirit (Thermostat) are not integrated with the Ezlo Plus controller yet, and that they’re already in the integration queue, the problem here does seem to be a different kind of issue to me.

The error message “Device Broken. Please remove and try to pair the device again” or “Can’t Detect Device” that we see in most of your devices appears due to the communication loss between your Ezlo Plus and all of those devices.

The following parameters should have the value “true” for the error message to clear out.
However, all of your devices have these parameters with value “false”.

"persistent": false,
            "reachable": false,

Unfortunately I am unable to tell you why this happened, and I am inclined to believe that something could have happened to the Z-Wave network of the Ezlo Plus.

I would like to call you and do the exclusion/inclusion process with you after performing a full reset to the controller.

Please, check your email as I have already replied to the support ticket #245832
Thank you!.

Hi,

I am going to order these devices and make sure they are integrated fully and get back to you immediately with the integration status. You can DM me at anytime. Are you using EU or US hub? I just wanted to make sure. As i know these type of devices are sold in EU. I will add the links so you can just confirm that they are the correct devices then i can buy them and we start testing them.

If possible can you put the model numbers of the devices just make sure we are going to work on the right devices .

1 Like

I’m using a EU hub. The devices are:

• Fibaro Smoke Sensor 2 FGSD-002 EU
  • Heiman Smoke Sensor HS1SA-Z
  • Heiman Smoke Sensor HS3SA-Z
  • Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave
1 Like

awesome. I will purchase and test them immediately and let you know about them. Thanks for sharing.

I’ve just resetted the controller and the inclusion seems to work again. I should have done this some month ago…

I have this device now and my team is going to test it today or Monday. Sometimes controllers get busy with a lot of zwave messages and the best practices reset the controller and try to pair it again as you just did. Let me know is there any other things, we are here to help.

@Odysee we just finished our test with “Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave” which fully integrated and works with our controllers. Let me know if you are having any issues.

We successfully paired the device to Vera app. Changed the values on heat status and cold status. Created scenes. and we have removed the device from the ezlo gateway successfully.

for other below devices

• Fibaro Smoke Sensor 2
  • Heiman Smoke Sensor HS3SA
  • Heiman Smoke Sensor HS1SA

I am going to receive these devices next week and will let you know.

1 Like