for quite a while now I’ve got the following problem:
I’m not able to include any Z-Wave device any more. When I start the inclusion process and activate the inclusion mode on the device the countdown just counts down and no device is found. I’ve tried the following devices:
- Fibaro Smoke Sensor 2
- Heiman Smoke Sensor HS3SA
- Heiman Smoke Sensor HS1SA
- Eurotronic Spirit Thermostat
After many many tries I was able to include the HS3SA. A few weeks ago I’ve spent an evening trying to include the HS1SA. Only one time I got to 5% and then the inclusion process failed. All tested devices are working with a Vera Plus, so these are not defective. A few days ago all devices included before the HS3SA smoke sensor are turned to “Device Broken. Please remove and try to pair the device again”.
With the Ezlo support I already tried the following:
- exclude a device and include it again: exclusion works within seconds, but I’m not able to include it again
- reset the device and try to include it
- re-start the Z-wave service in the unit and reboot it
- let the countdown count to zero and exclude the device in the following menu: Sometimes the devices seem to be in a “think-of-beeing-included-mode”. The Spirit thermostat sometimes displays an ID after the countdown counts down as if it was included. Also the Heiman smoke sensor is blinking in a different way, when they are included. Then I’m able to exclude the device in this menu (the controller responses with a “The exclusion process stopped.” So the exclusion process seems to work flawless.
Since I don’t see any progress towards solving the problem, I’m questioning myself: Am I the only one with this kind of problem? Does this look like a defective controller?