NodOn remote as trigger in PLEG - Trigger Description Error popup

Hi,

I’m trying to use a NodOn remote in PLEG for turning a light on and off plus dimming. But when creating a trigger I get the error message popup saying: Trigger Description error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘value’ of undefined.

Now, there is a text field on the “How is the button pressed:” that I have left empty and tested a lot of numbers like 0-4, 10-13 and so on. But no matter what I do, I get the same error message.

Does anyone know what am I doing wrong and what is the expected value to enter?

BR, \ Andreas

Can you create a Scene trigger for this device ?
If Scene’s have the same problem then it may be a problem in the device configuration files.

If it can, then I have a bug reading the device configuration info …
Please send me the D_XXXX.json file for that device. (App → Develop → Luup Files)
You can find the specific file by going to the advanced tab for your device. It’s the device_json property.

Hi Richard,

Yes, scene works but it won’t trigger for some reason. But logs indicate success.

01 04/21/17 20:39:23.807 ZWaveController::HandlePollUpdate_SceneActivation node 33 device 234 scene 30 button=0 <0x7766c520> 06 04/21/17 20:39:23.808 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 234 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: sl_SceneActivated was: 0 now: 0 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:0xcebe58/NONE duplicate:0 <0x7766c520> 06 04/21/17 20:39:23.808 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 234 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: LastSceneID was: 10 now: 30 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x7766c520> 06 04/21/17 20:39:23.809 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 234 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1 variable: LastSceneTime was: 1492799832 now: 1492799963 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x7766c520> 06 04/21/17 20:39:24.137 Device_Variable::m_szValue_set device: 234 service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveDevice1 variable: LastWakeup was: 1492799832 now: 1492799964 #hooks: 0 upnp: 0 skip: 0 v:(nil)/NONE duplicate:0 <0x7766c520> 0

D_SceneControllerNodonSoft1.json is attached.

If a Vera Scene will not trigger than a PLEG trigger will not work either.

Some “Scene” controllers only can run “Z-Wave Scenes” which is another name for “Z-Wave Associations” and not to be confused with Vera Scenes.

Hi Richard,

I’m getting the same error message while trying to use PLEG with a GoControl WA00Z-1 device. The device buttons can be assigned to Vera scenes and the Scenes run as advertised without issue. However when trying to use the WA00Z-1 as a trigger within PLEG I get the trigger description error: rigger Description error: TypeError: Cannot read property ‘value’ of undefined.

Device Json says: D_CentralSceneController1.json

json and screenshot files attached.

Thanks in advance and any assistance would be appreciated.

BL

I get a similar, but not identical, error trying to set up a trigger in PLEG on a Aeotec WallMote (2-button).

The error says “Trigger Description error: SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier” and appears when I hit the Save button.

It works fine in a Vera Scene so that’s what I’m using instead.

Yes,

I’m using the vera scene as a workaround as well. Thanks for sharing.

I need some information to debug this …
For WallMote device (or any other device that you get this error on)

Open the Advanced tab for that device.
On the params page what is the value for the:
device_json paramrameter ?

Also when you try to create the trigger … describe what pull down selections you make. (The options for the pull down come from the device_json file)
I should be able to see what the problem is.

The value for device_json is: D_CSC_2ButtonsTapHold.json

I attached the trigger screen earlier, attaching it again. Is this what you need? There are 4 options under “Which action” (tap/hold of buttons 1/2) but I get the error on all 4 of them.

The drop down list for this trigger has values:
Tap Button 1
Tap Button 2
Hold Button 1
Hold Button 2

This is the first time some one reported a problem where the drop down values have a “Space” in the name
Usually they are things like:
On
Off
Heat
Cool

I do have a problem with this … I release a fix soon …

1 Like

I have a fix if you can test (I tested to make sure it did not break anything)
Email me at schaefer@rts-services.com … and I will send you the file … It’s to big to attach here.

I have the problem with the remotec zrc-90 - screen shots attached.

Is this being fixed?

Here is my info.