Node-Red & Vera (MIOS)

My apologies for a stupid question, but does this allow Node-RED to run on the actual Vera controller? Or are you running Node-RED somewhere else and somehow pulling in the event stream?

Hi @parkerc ,

Had a quick look at the Vera NR add-on. Shouldn’t that be updated to use [ip]/port_3480/… rather than [ip:port]/…? The latter should be blocked with the latest Vera releases. (Not yet gotten around to start with NR sadly, so have not tried)

Cheers Rene

Hi Rene, i’m not noticing any connection issues with the MIOS NR add-on , i’m running 1.7.4453? Hope you find time to have a play with it soon, would be great to get your insight on it all, I basically do everything via NR now… :partying_face:

Hi @parkerc,

I wish I had the time to tinker with all of the wonderful things out there. For now it has not made my short list for the coming six months yet :wink:

Cheers Rene

There are no stupid questions as far as I’m concerned :slight_smile:

Node Red is run externally/Outside of Vera e.g on a raspberry pi or as a docker container. I’ve run it multiple different ways - currently I have two instances running on my QNAP NAS one as a docker container and the other under a Debian (Linux) VM.

When you have NodeRed installed (see the original post in the thread) you just add the MIOS add on and choose the variables you want picked up from / or sent out to your Vera unit.

(Once you have your Vera(s) registered/connected starting with a blank node will report everything that Vera logs.)

Hello - Sorry to disturb, I have a Vera Edge and Node Red with MIOS. In my node red, I cannot get room name, device name and in node red debug I can only get messages like:

undefined:Configured : msg.payload : number 0
undefined:CurrentTemperature : msg.payload : number 22.50
undefined:Status : msg.payload : number 0
undefined:LoadLevelStatus : msg.payload : number 100

The above are just examples, but I am not getting the room or device name…

Can you help me

Hi,

Please could you share a screenshot of both your flow and what is being reported in the debug window. It’s easier to work out what might be wrong that way.

Thank you for helping

My setup is VeraEdge with an X10 Controller plug-in to control a bunch of X10 devices I have. The control of the devices works well and I use MIOS to interaface to Node Red. I only have the MIOS node with debug output. I also have ALTUI installed.

When I switch on an X10 switch I get undefined as the room status. see attached pictures.

My VeraEdge is latest firmware and I have reset the unit 1-2 times but still keeps happening.

Thanking you again for help

The first two debug messages is when I switch on/off X10 A1 1, and the second two are when I switch on/off X10 A2

Finally When I trip an X10 Sensor M1, I get the following in Node Red, which works well. I see Study:X10 M1:Tripped : msg.payload : number 0

So it works for this…

Currently in the node red debug window, you are showing ALL the changes that are being captured in your Vera log file, converted into the format that the MIOS node uses. Hence when you change something in Vera, the variables affected on that device are recorded.

Ok, so let’s remind ourselves how the MIOS node works again…

Anything that does not have a room assign in Vera will use the room name in NR as ‘Undefined’

I’m afraid I’m not familiar with how those X10 devices are created/managed by Vera, but I would expect if you are turning something on or off, a variable of 1 and 0 will be being changed and that action will be stored in the logs. If everything is passed via that CM_11 interface that it’s likely that is doing a conversion/mapping of some kind first and then associating the change with a device on you Vera UI.

As these relate to ALTUI I would assume these are just variables being captured for that facility being updated and are not related to the X10 device specifically.

Can you see/confirm those two actions. (On/off) changes are being recorded in the debug window against the specific device on you Vera UI - not against the CM_11 interface thing? If so what is the configuration name that’s reported exactly?

Thank you again…

I can confirm I can see the 1 and 0 when I hit On / Off. The Sensor M1, works as expected in MIOS. When I trip an Sensor M1, I get the following in Node Red, which works well. I see Study:X10 M1:Tripped : msg.payload : number 0.

But when I swich an X10 switch A1 or A2, I am not getting the room name just undefined but in Vera and ALTUI they are assigned to a room.

So you might be right, this could be the X10 plugin for Vera causing an issue.

This is the plugin I use…

crush157

Jun '15

Hi all,

I’ve been trying the different plugins for X10 control. I have used the mochad plugin and that works very well, you just need to have another server to run mochad on. I wanted to use the direct connection for the CM11 through a USB to serail adapter and have tried brucehvn’s X10 plugin and that works pretty well. There are issues with target updates on dimmables for on/off with third party applications.

So, I looked at merging these two projects as I like the simplicity for the mochad plugin and all the work that was put into brucehvn’s plugin for CM11 handling and created a streamlined X10 plugin. So this is basically a mashup between the two and those devs earn the credit for all of this as they did all the hard work.

I made a mistake earlier a device with no room associated is recorded as unknown, not undefined - the use of undefined is not something I think I’ve seen before. So this could indeed suggest that the changes made are facilities via the cm_11 plugin, potentially suggesting that the switch devices are more for effect, rather than as an actual device with a diverse list of variables to review to/control.

I’ll be honest I’m not entirely sure what to do, but I’d like to think we could theoretically work out the mapping.

Does turning on A1 or A2 create the exact same log entry to show that the variable has changed, which is undefined:status? I would be surprised if they are, as I would expect there to be some sort difference between the two switches in the logs - is there ?

OK, very interesting. Done some testing today and the undefined is not showing and now getting unknown. Some of the X10 works really well in the node red debug and some don’t even though assigned to a room.

Vera%205

Ok, that looks better…

Sending true or false to Unknown:X10 A1 1:status looks like it would do the trick to turn it on/off via Node Red - does it ?

Sorry to dig out this post but I am struggling with this: Is it possible to use the mios-in from vera to switch on a light in home assistant (a shelly plug with mqtt)? something like that:
Screenshot 2020-02-05 at 17.39.34
Thanks

Should be possible , Post the settings in the nodes.

Well, I can’t seem to make it work, here are my nodes:

Any suggestion?

In switch node what are you attempting to do?
if you are attempting to see if payload is true, you need to select the is true from drop down next to == .

example of msg

{"topic":"Lounge:Lounge 1:LoadLevelStatus","payload":0,"_msgid":"7c35ff8.b48c6"}

I am not sure what you mean, when I turn the light on the debug shows:

Tank you for helping