No web control but remote control works fine?!?

For the last couple of days I haven’t been able to control my house with the web interface (local or fw2) but my scenes are firing and I can control everything with all my remotes (SQ, iVera and my Monster remote). I have restarted Vera a few times, restarted my home routers and put a ticket in. Anyone have any other suggestions?

So, still no word from MCV and now my remotes no longer work. Sure would be nice to be able to control a few of these $70 light switches with my $200 controller again. Or at least hear back from someone at MCV to tell me something, anything.

Not having any issues. I can connect to my unit which is running a Beta build of UI5 and using mcv’s fwd2.mios.com server as well as my father’s unit which is on UI4 and running on fwd1.mios.com servers. I can also control both units via third party software (including my app which is in development).

• Garrett

So this is getting even more fun. Now when I try to turn anything on/off on the web I’m getting the “transmission failed with code 1” error…with my entire network. I am getting a sinking feeling that I’m going to have completely rebuild my network…AGAIN.

Still no word from MCV

Hi

I am based in the UK and somewhat new to this game. I had everything working over the weekend and now nothing does …If I runa repair all nodes are declaring "Unable to get any information on " …please help.

Best regards
Clive

Hello Clive,

Welcome to the “Game” where one minute your In, and the next your Out.

I’m gonna guess you did a “Repair my network” but did not uncheck the box for “Re-configure all the devices when done” ?

Vera may fix the issue on her own over a period of time as she communicates with the devices, or you may have to go in and reconfigure each device (assuming that’s the issue of course)
You could try adding the devices again as existing nodes as a first course of action.

JOD.

[quote=“clivepocock, post:5, topic:169377”]Hi

I am based in the UK and somewhat new to this game. I had everything working over the weekend and now nothing does …If I runa repair all nodes are declaring "Unable to get any information on " …please help.

Best regards
Clive[/quote]

I wish I could and I know it’s frustrating but I don’t know what’s going on. MCV JUST got back with me and they fixed my issue. I had to put 3 tickets in, so I suggest you start bugging them for help.

BTW…THANK YOU MCV FOR FIXING THIS! I was starting to get heart palpitations thinking about having to remove and re-add every single thing in my network.

Thank you mbairhead and JOD… I did have the reconfigure devices checked…does this mean I have to go back in and re-add all devices?

Obviously I am going to ask all the dumb questions ( however I will endeavour to check othe forum posts too!)

Thanks again

does this mean I have to go back in and re-add all devices?
It's an option but you don't need to exclude them to re-include them. There is an option to Include Existing Nodes. See screen shot.

The above is what I would do as a plan “A” along with submitting a trouble ticket. Repairing a network should not break the network, but as most of of have found out (the hard way) sometimes it does.

You could also try to repair one node at a time, working out from Vera to your furthest node. You may get lucky and find it’s only one node causing the entire problem.

If you only have a few devices, excluding them and then including them will probably be your quickest option, if plan “A” above does not work.

JOD.