No Vera alert on Burglary condition

Strange. I get a Vera Alert ok when the vera restarts and also for my messages that I send via PLEG but when I simulate a real burglary - nothing ! No Vera Alert !

I have ‘Process Notifications’, ‘internal alerts’ and even ‘debug’ ticked; and I have tried it with and without Vera’s own ‘send email’ etc ticked or unticked - and I do get an email from Vera - but no Vera Alert.

I am on Vera Plus UI7. Anyone know the fix?

1. Have you performed a “Notification Configuration” after changing the notification ?
  2. Have you looked over the STATUS report for Vera Alerts … in particular for the notification you are interested in ?
  3. Does the Notification in question have a USER assigned ?
  4. Does the Assigned User have the appropriate profiles(s) assigned ?

Thank you for the quick reply but yes, I have done all that.

I’m talking about Vera’s standard burglary alert as in this extract from Vera’s alerts log
14-06-2016 17:26:51 N/A Front Door Burglary

I thought the standard vera alerts were meant to be sent to the vera alerts app. All the others do including ‘vera startup’ and my alerts sent via Luup in PLEG.

However the attached screenshots of the report and the notification configuration look a bit suspect to me.

Vera Alerts only process NOTIFICATIONS …
In UI7 … Vera addeded some internal alerts via the HOUSE MODES settings.
The Vera Alerts plugin does not know about these …

Thank you - Will this change?
I like the idea of just having everything through Vera Alerts.

Just add the appropriate notification via the alarm partition device.

Hmmm … ‘alarm partition device’ - that is to say set up a PLEG condition for each door sensor (for example) that is tripped while ‘Not Home’ ? Or is there a way of simply putting an ‘if any alarm is fired’ condition (which I haven’t found yet)?

Thanks again.

I used to do this but it was because it gave me more control of the notification. Sometimes I purposefully left windows open when I left to cool down the house, some times I wanted notifications for windows left open even while I was home and a/c was running. I was able to make conditions that started basically like you posted, but have an OR and then one or two more options. (Window opened and not home but only if opened after were not home) or (window opened and a/c is on) or (kids window opened during sleeping hours) ect. So after starting with basics I did end up just taking the long way and making conditions for most if not all sensors that were a bit more tailored to just a simple away and tripped.

That makes sense to me - think i’ll have a go at following your advice. Thank you.