No access after power cut

I had a power cut recently and since then my Vera3 is inaccessible, I have tried to reflash as per the instructions on the wiki but cannot get the software to recognise my Lan Adaptor!!

I’m using a MacBook, running XP in a virtual machine does anyone know if it’s possible to flash with this setup or can offer any advice.

Thanks

I managed to dig out an old Windows XP machine from the loft and reflash, however I’m still getting a blinking power LED and cannot web browse!

Ive followed CJ’s instructions from the link below and managed to telnet in, run commands and reboot but still don’t have access, even after a successful reflash, Just get an orange and green flashing light!!

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,9027.0.html

Any help on this would be really appreciated, I have lots of z wave kit which is currently useless!!!

Have you tried to call VERA?

I haven’t called but I have just raised a ticket through the support site.

If you don’t call you’ll be waiting a week for that ticket to go threw. It’s a little late today for them but you can try calling now or tomorrow morning.

I go a response from the ticket quickly, I’m trying to arrange a call for tomorrow.

MCV were really quick getting in touch and went through some troubleshooting, unfortunately my Vera3 was bricked and they couldn’t get it working!!

I’m not sure if I should by the Vera Edge or wait for the new one to be released!!

[quote=“marshalp, post:8, topic:190134”]MCV were really quick getting in touch and went through some troubleshooting, unfortunately my Vera3 was bricked and they couldn’t get it working!!

I’m not sure if I should by the Vera Edge or wait for the new one to be released!![/quote]

Depends on your current need to have a working device. Edge you can have in 2 days (amazon PRIME). The PLUS you won’t likely have for a month or more as it’s going to be open for preorder but not shipping right away. And when either of those will happen is anyones guess.

I have 2 edges and they work but I’ll upgrade atleast one as soon as they release the vera PLUS. the price is 50.00 difference and for me that’s not much.

You might want to check return policies and pick up a EDGE use it for 29 days and return to hold you over. Or if you can afford keep it for a backup and testing.