Next Gen

I am working on upgrades to Vera Alerts for the following:

1. Works with AltUI
  2. Works on OpenLuup

These files will probably work on UI5 using AltUI, but will not work with UI5 directly!
For UI7 users download the attachments and upload to Vera.

Remove “.txt” from the J_VeraAlerts.js.txt file.
Select and remove the -XXX from the D_VeraAlert-XXX.json file.

I uploaded the file J_VeraAlerts.js and the “NewandOld” version of the file D_VeraAlert.json to my VeraPlus with firmware 1.7.1754. Everything went smooth. I also opened the control panel for Vera Alerts in ALTUI v1.48.1639. Everything seems to be working fine in AltUI . A screen shot of the Vera Alerts panel open in ALTUI is attached.

Note: I created the Device Notification and Message Override called vaWaterLeakInBsmtOff in the attached screen shot before I uploaded the new files so that I had at least one existing notification in the Configure Notifications tab before I tried out the new files. I normally create and manage each of my messages using the Device Action SendAlert in the Advanced tab in the Action editor of PLEG.

@RTS

I tested the new VA functionality a bit more this evening. There are two things I noticed that may be bugs.

1. When I edit a Message Override using the new panel in Vera Alerts and then immediately click on one of the House Mode check boxes, the changes to the Message Override are saved but the click on the checkbox does nothing the first time I click it.

2. Notifications I create for devices using ALtUI do not appear in Vera Alerts no matter how many times I open the configure Notifications Tab in either AltUI or Vera Alerts.  I have also tried F5, Ctrl F5, Reload LUA, and "Refresh Data and Edit" without success.

VeraPlus (firmware 1.7.1754)
AltUI (AltUI v1.49.1647)

I will take a look at these.

@RTS
Thanks. The attached screen shot shows the Device Notification and Message Override portion of the Report. I intentionally blurred out the User for lines 5 through 8. Lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 9, and 10 contain entries that were created while using ALTUI. Lines 5, 6, 7 and 8 were created while using Vera Alerts in UI7. Only lines 5, 6, 7, and 8 appear in the Vera Alerts Panel in both UI7 and AltUI. I don’t recall seeing control objects to add or select User and House Modes when I created the Device Notifications using ALT UI. Perhaps that is the issue or a contributing issue.

Yep, If you do not specify a user (Or can’t because you do not have the option) than I a have no user to send to … and consequently no Profiles to forward to … that’s why it does not show up in the “Notification Configuration” tab.

I show them in the Report … so that you can see that you have Alerts defined that are not being forwarded to a user.

So Vera Alerts is working correctly … It looks like an Alt UI issue.

Here’s another apparent bug. I created a scene using UI7 that includes notification. When I open it, the column labelled “Message Override” for Scene Notification Messages is not editable. The column labelled House Modes contains a blank box that appears to be for the Message Oveeride since the message “MsgOverride Saved!” appears after I type text in the box. Then there are four check boxes that appear to be for House Modes on the far right without a Column heading.

Please see the attached screen shot for illustration.

Edit: It looks okay in UI7 but not ALTUI. See additional attached screen shot.

@Richard
Will you be adding any features? Would love to have a server-side user configurable profile for each client device so the config could be pushed to the client. And also the ability to have more sounds be able to be associated with specific alerts - without writing ‘choose’ codes

thx

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:1, topic:192321”]I am working on upgrades to Vera Alerts for the following:

1. Works with AltUI
  2. Works on OpenLuup

These files will probably work on UI5 using AltUI, but will not work with UI5 directly!
For UI7 users download the attachments and upload to Vera.

Remove “.txt” from the J_VeraAlerts.js.txt file.
Select and remove the -XXX from the D_VeraAlert-XXX.json file.[/quote]

Hi Richard, I have some problems with alerts. Truncated code in older scenes. Very slow logging (mail sending via SMTP) and other problems. e.g. when I op en and close the config windows for veralerts I receive: Failed to save system configuration. I wanted to see if there was an update and before I go troubleshotting further I wanted to know if this version you mentioned above is the newest.

I have:

App id:
Current Version:
Latest Version

I have

Version 7.21 is waiting Vera approval.

How do you know :slight_smile: And is this that version in this port? "next gen?

See:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,40474.msg302669.html#new

Richard,
Any progress on 'Next Gen"?

Will you be adding (much needed) features like…

1. Server-side profile configs that push to clients? (would make setting up multiple same/similar) clients MUCH easier. I

2. Sound file constants - user defined folder in VA as the ‘sound folder’. We could define sound name constants tied to file name, always referring to that folder.
    Example: DoorKnock = knock.ogg ; then the Choose statements could refer to “DoorKnock” instead of “tone:4”

3. GUI config for frequently used options, like ‘Choose’.

• would be nice to be able to set, run the GUI, a governing device for each notification, separately. Then choose a sound based on the state of that switch/device.
    Currently I do this…
    MOTION Entry Day{device([172].service[urn:upnp-org:serviceId:VSwitch1].Status) | Choose(0={tone:4},1={tone:1})}{timestamp}
    … different sound depending on the state of the alarm (loud sound for Armed, soft or none for Disarmed). Since I have many custom house modes (sitter, guest, away, stay, vacation, etc) I dont think it is helpful to tie it to Vera’ native modes.
  1. Ability to Edit/Delete the notification directly (while in) the Vera Alerts device. Instead of having to track down open each to device separately
  • this would have saved a ton of time when I just moved to UI7 and changed a bunch of stuff, including naming. In VA it showed Foyer, Kitchen, etc for the alers when those devices were no longer named that in Vera. Foyer was MudRoom, Kitchen was LivingRoom, etc… I had to redo motion sensors since UI7 didnt bring them over properly.

thx for considering

Hi Richard,

version exp2.0 is working OK for me. Thank you.

I have an additional question I couldn’t find in the documentation or forum. I have 2 alerts in Vera for a motion trigger. I receive an image from my IP cam (via veralerts) in my email.

But I also receive the regular notification via the vera app and when motion is detected my phone goes crazy.

Do you know a method to not receive the vera notification but only the veralerts one?

Regards

Does anybody know if VeraAlerts is already working on openluup?

Richard encrypts his plugins, which openLuup does not support, presumably because they are pay to play.