Nexa or Anslut Remotes/Wall Switches as Scene Activators?

Hei,

I got my RFX set up fine. it auto recognizes my nexa/anslut devices and I can easily create scenes were I switch on or off my power plug-ins. The remotes and the wall switches are also recognized but I cant for the life of me (heavey googling) figure out how I can launch a scene from a remote or from a wall switch.

Is it possible?

If it is…could someone please write a step-by-step guide or ponit me in the right direction.

All remotes and wall switches turn up in the devices with “group on” “group off” and “Dim up” / “Dim down”. I can click (in the web interface) on “group on/group off” and if a power plugin is connected to that button it will switch on and off.

Kind Regards
Tommy

I cant believe none of you know this. The z-wave wall buttons cost five times as much as nexa/anslut buttons and it would be great to reuse them in mye system.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,17099.0.html

You just need to use scene number 100 if your device sends a group on/off to trigger yous scenes. I use PLEG so I am not sure how exactly it is done using normal scenes.

Okay, there must be something that I dont understand here…Let me illustrate what I did:

So I got this Nexa Remote paired to a Nexa Switch which again is connected to a normal night-lamp.

The button on the reomte that is paried is button number 1 on/off.

First time I used it after connecting the RFXTRX both the switch and the remote (just button one (on/off) got added to Vera. This is illustrated in picture 1.

After it got added I can switch on and off the light as normal with the remote, but also by clicking group on/group off in web application.

So, I then did the following.

I have a scene which switches on and off a motion detector. Picked this one at random and then added a trigger which points to the remote and put in scene 100. (picture 2)

After this the following happens:

Click on the physical remote still just switches on and off the night lamp :frowning:

However:

Clik on “group on” / group/on in the GUI turns on the night lamp AND the motion detector…

How the h?ll do you get the physical device to activate the scene?

/Tommy

Your remote is very probably using ON and OFF commands, not Group ON and Group OFF.
You have to use scene number 1 from the “remote” device if you want to be triggered when you push the ON button of your physical remote.

I have a lot of 433 MHz buttons I use to control my system, e.g. arm and disarm the motion sensors in my kids rooms. I also have them near my bedroom to trigger scenes like “Everything off!” when I am going to bed.

I do this by using PLEG. The switches controls the virtual light device that are created automatically in Vera, and this device status triggers conditions in PLEG.

If you want to trigger a specific scene in PLEG as an action, this is also possible.

That sounds just like just what I need to get my system to the next step. I have 10-15 of these 433mhz remotes and switches laying around.

I have been googling… I have been looking at the official PLEG site and Ive had a look at this “walktrough”. But I cant seem to figure this out.

Would you mind posting some screens and giving me some small directions here?

• I got PLEG installed, I got a PLEG device which has no functions…but it is “armed”
  • I deleted all my switches and remotes (433mhz) and let the system add just one.
  • This remote is “physically linked” with a 433mhz power switch (which is also shown in Vera)

Now, how on earth do I use PLEG to, lets say, open my garage (which I have a scene ready and working)

Kind Regards
Tommy

+1

Would also be interesting in a very short guide/screen-shot to set-up switches in Pleg

/Thomas

[quote=“tommylad, post:7, topic:181140”]That sounds just like just what I need to get my system to the next step. I have 10-15 of these 433mhz remotes and switches laying around.

I have been googling… I have been looking at the official PLEG site and Ive had a look at this “walktrough”. But I cant seem to figure this out.

Would you mind posting some screens and giving me some small directions here?

• I got PLEG installed, I got a PLEG device which has no functions…but it is “armed”
  • I deleted all my switches and remotes (433mhz) and let the system add just one.
  • This remote is “physically linked” with a 433mhz power switch (which is also shown in Vera)

Now, how on earth do I use PLEG to, lets say, open my garage (which I have a scene ready and working)

Kind Regards
Tommy[/quote]