News on Hue Plugin?

Any news on the availability of a Phillips Hue plugin for the new Ezlo Secure?

Hi @augustov

As informed in the Ezlo Platform FAQ:

We plan to develop plugins for the Ecobee and Honeywell thermostats, as well as Philips Hue lights.

There is, however, no ETA for when that’s happening, but if you keep an eye on the forum, you will for sure know about it when it happens.

A feature request for this has been created as well via Jira:
https://jira.mios.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/72/ECS-460

Have you tried pairing a Hue bulb directly to an Ezlo hub ?

Just curious.

Thanks, yes I have read the FAQ and have read that line for a few months now, I was hoping that after all this time some news would be around and the plugin would be closer. Thanks!

Yes I thought about that, but I simply have too many individual light bulbs to do it one by one, and I have heard that there are certain limitations to do it that way, not to mention that is hard to find good documentation on how to do it.

They should just pair as a Generic Zigbee device.

Might be worth trying one bulb as a test?

See if it does work or not.

You can pair them directly, they work okay. I’ve only tested white ambience, so not sure about RGB functions.

It’s even possible to have both the hue bridge and the Ezlo controller active at the same time. You’ll need an app to use touchlink on hue, and then it’s possible to have them all on the same Zigbee network. See for example this link: How to connect IKEA TRÅDFRI smart controls to a Philips Hue bridge? - Devices - Hue Essentials Community