Newbie: User and password

Helo,

I just bought a Vera Plus, and can?t figure out how to put a username and password on it. To enter on the Vera and change the configuration I just need to enter it?s IP on the local network and have access to it without any problem. I?m able to add and remove scenes, devices, even reboot the Vera without any problem. Is that right ? Theres no way to put a local username and password on it ? I have that getvera account but it only restricts access to alerts, users, and few other things.

Bumping this, i’m wondering about this too. :slight_smile:

The only option for the local restriction is to “secure” it. Which will completely block local access, and it will only be accessible by logging in first, through home.getvera.com

If you wish to secure your Vera, you can do it from Users & Account Info → Unit settings → Scroll down to bottom of the page, then → Secure your Vera.

[quote=“Sorin M., post:3, topic:193084”]The only option for the local restriction is to “secure” it. Which will completely block local access, and it will only be accessible by logging in first, through home.getvera.com

If you wish to secure your Vera, you can do it from Users & Account Info → Unit settings → Scroll down to bottom of the page, then → Secure your Vera.[/quote]

Which also means that if your internet goes down you cant get in.

A good option is to use Imperihome app , there you put your devices behind a code. I have for my Family a dashboard with only the devices they need , and the rest is behind a lock code.
But offcourse , someone going for vera’s IP acress has still acces to all.

Cor

If your router/firewall/brain is smart enough… you can block access to vera’s internal IP from any machine other than one (or a group) you specify

It was as i sted then. In the scenario where i lost internet connection i may en up being locked out until its back.
I got a message saying “login expired”, and i had to log in through getvera again… Is that a timed response? I hardly ever see it?

I use imperihome and restricted access, my issue is with being locked out of my controller if internet is down…

A solution I use is TeamViewer so I can log into a PC to log into Vera using that PC’s browser (using the local LAN). If the Internet is out-out, I am SOL since I cannot log into that PC, but if I am trying to mess with Vera and it cannot connect to the MIOS servers, it works fine. My next step is to get an Wi-Fi outlet to reboot my Vera should it need that while I am out of town.