Newbie again... How about connecting to MyQ for LiftMaster Wifi Garage doors?

I can’t figure out how to add my garage door openers to the controller via the Liftmaster MyQ app in Vera.

Please Help.

[quote=“thecodas, post:1, topic:193071”]I can’t figure out how to add my garage door openers to the controller via the Liftmaster MyQ app in Vera.

Please Help.[/quote]

I see this in the myQ Set-up in Vera:

myQ authorization failed

[quote=“thecodas, post:2, topic:193071”][quote=“thecodas, post:1, topic:193071”]I can’t figure out how to add my garage door openers to the controller via the Liftmaster MyQ app in Vera.

Please Help.[/quote]

I see this in the myQ Set-up in Vera:

myQ authorization failed[/quote]

Depending on which firmware you are on it is different. Basically you need to put in your Myq username and password. In UI7 it is in the MyQ device/MyQ setup. In UI5 it is in the device and either settings or advanced (IIRC). You need to have created the Liftmaster account and use the same ID/PW in your vera device settings.

Depending on which firmware you are on it is different. Basically you need to put in your Myq username and password. In UI7 it is in the MyQ device/MyQ setup. In UI5 it is in the device and either settings or advanced (IIRC). You need to have created the Liftmaster account and use the same ID/PW in your vera device settings.
[/quote]

I already did this, that’s why I can’t figure out what the problem is.

Do you have it connected through a mobile device (the garage door opener, not the vera)? If so, can it get status? The times I have received the error message was when the wifi part was either off line or I had fat fingered the password.

It’s connected and works fine on my Android and ipad myQ apps.

hey, i know what you’re issue is here OP. Liftmaster and Chamberlain are the exact same company. I have a liftmaster garage door motor, but my myq wifi hub is a chamberlain. they make all of them in all varieties. Make sure you’re selecting the brand of your MyQ wifi hub, NOT the brand of your actual garage door opener. So make sure you’re actually selecting the right brand during the MyQ setup. It had me stumped at first. Let me know if I helped.