New Zwave controller option

http://www.securifi.com/almondplus

I happened upon an article about this briefly on a CES blog. My tablet rebooted and I couldn’t find re the article and I forgot the name so it took me 2 days locate. It looks like a bargain at about 100.00 from what the article indicated. I was planning going to a router anyway in about 2-3 months due to wanting an AC device. I might give this a try if the Almond+ comes to fruition. Anyone have any experience with the older Almond router? I have never heard of them before but the Amazon reviews look good.

If you just want a router, the Almond is available now for about $80.

The Almond+, which provides Z-wave, will not be available in your time frame. For Z-wave control, the new SmartThings Z-wave and the new Veras may well be available before Almond+.

[quote=“agpb, post:2, topic:173936”]If you just want a router, the Almond is available now for about $80.

The Almond+, which provides Z-wave, will not be available in your time frame. For Z-wave control, the new SmartThings Z-wave and the new Veras may well be available before Almond+.[/quote]

Where did you get this information? I checked their website and could only find the vague reference “available soon”.

You can likely guess that it will be a [at least] a few months before the Almond+ is “in-hand” because they announced it will be done via Kickstarter, and that $100 is the introductory/Kickstarter pricing.

Articles like this one:
Securfi Almond+ hands-on (video) | Engadget

make reference to it going onto KS “sometime within the next week” (that was last week), and Securifi’s front page lets you register to be notified when they actually list it on KS). I’ve registered for this and will pickup a RaZberry when it’s available in the US.

Given how long these things take to run on KS, and then how long they [typically] take to deliver, then @agpb’s estimate isn’t out of the norm (although I’ll be glad to see otherwise)

For the Smartthings KS, it looks like they’re in “selection” mode for those that are early adopters, and they apparently have first production board run versions (for validation)… so they’re a little further along.

On MCV’s timing on their new HW… well, that’s anyone’s guess :wink:

I’m keenly interested to see comments from the early users of these new HA devices.

[quote=“ufd108, post:3, topic:173936”][quote=“agpb, post:2, topic:173936”]If you just want a router, the Almond is available now for about $80.

The Almond+, which provides Z-wave, will not be available in your time frame. For Z-wave control, the new SmartThings Z-wave and the new Veras may well be available before Almond+.[/quote]

Where did you get this information? I checked their website and could only find the vague reference “available soon”.[/quote]

Amazon is selling and shipping the Almond.