New Whole House Water Flow Sensor and Valve

This new product is just what I am looking for for myself and my customers.
Any idea on how to integrate this product with Vera?

I think it would be easier to integrate the Fortrezz product, now that they are owned by the same company as Vera…

1 Like

[quote=“wilme2, post:2, topic:206855”]I think it would be easier to integrate the Fortrezz product, now that they are owned by the same company as Vera…

https://www.fortrezz.com/flow-meter[/quote]

Maybe but we like the additional features of the Flo system has over the Fortrezz model.
Also being a Wifi product, it has more range and can be used with a mobile device as a backup if the Z-Wave controller is down than a Z-Wave valve. If the unit has to be installed away from the WIFI source, a WAP can easily be installed at the valves location. This is very hard to do with Z-Wave.
I am thinking it can be integrated like the Nest protect thermostats are currently.

For $500 the flo is pricey but it?s pretty powerful. I like it closes the valve and does a pressure leak down test every day.

Hi Jamr, thanks for your interest. I will check compatibility with this device and sent you an answer to your email. Have a nice day.

I agree but when you do not have to buy water sensors at 30$-40$ each and place them all over the house and worry about batter replacement, I think the cost is competitive.
I also agree and think the pressure leak test is very important.

Please post your findings here as I am sure other people would like to know also. Is that not the reason for this forum?

This is what I envisioned when I purchased the Fortrezz shut-off valve and Fortrezz flow meter. These retailed for around $650 while the all in one valve and flow meter by Moen discussed here retails for $500. Unfortunately, the Fortrezz flow meter hasn’t been as functional as I though it might be on Vera, though the limited plugin that Fortrezz paid for, gives me hope that it could be. I have made my system functional by adding flood sensors that signal the shut-off valve to close when leaks are detected. I probably could use PLEG or Reactor to program the flow meter to close the valve when too long a flow is detected, but really haven’t needed to yet. And I do have considerable inertia to learning how to use PLEG or Reactor, though I am thinking more about the latter. The system has told me that my pond fill line isn’t totally closed down when I think it is. It would definitely be nice if Fortrezz developed a more robust flow meter plug-in or the flow meter was natively integrated in the next firmware update for Vera.

1 Like