New Vera3 - Orange/Green only

I am pretty new to Vera and am trying to get everything set up. I hadn’t logged in for 2 weeks and when I tried to do so I couldn’t connect. I noticed the orange/green flashing and no other lights. This was after I had updated firmware and had everything working.

I don’t have an XP machine, I am Mac only. Could somebody help???

Ohh, and my lithium battery thing never worked out of the box.

Also - these silly questions are a bit ridiculous. “Which metal is heavier, silver or gold” and such. I have to deal with this every single time I post?

So no response to this, no response to my support ticket. No help files, nobody to input what could be wrong or how to fix it. Nothing.

Wow, this is a 100% crappy implementation of a system. I went with this because I thought it would be better than relying on “the cloud” systems, but, instead, I get a bricked hub, a lithium battery that doesn’t work out of the box, a horrible interface, and a crappy forum and no answer to support.

Wink or Smartthings is going to drive you guys out of business pretty quickly if you keep this crap up. Amazon is getting my hub back ASAP. 3 of my neighbors were waiting for me to test the system before they switched from Schlage, I’ll be happy to let them know this thing fails utterly.

[quote=“pier0188”]So no response to this, no response to my support ticket. No help files, nobody to input what could be wrong or how to fix it. Nothing.

Wow, this is a 100% crappy implementation of a system. I went with this because I thought it would be better than relying on “the cloud” systems, but, instead, I get a bricked hub, a lithium battery that doesn’t work out of the box, a horrible interface, and a crappy forum and no answer to support.

Wink or Smartthings is going to drive you guys out of business pretty quickly if you keep this crap up. Amazon is getting my hub back ASAP. 3 of my neighbors were waiting for me to test the system before they switched from Schlage, I’ll be happy to let them know this thing fails utterly.[/quote]

Ok, there is a lot of help here and a lot of folks smarter than me, but I have had a vera for 4 years and it’s been trying at times, but they work better than most other options. Having had x10, Homeseer, other computer based solutions and now vera and wink. Well wink more than sucks, 60 hours of wink downtime last week and I get 10-12 emails a day that the wink server is down or having latency issues. Vera NEVER misses a scheduled event, ever. Wink has missed 30 in the last 10 days. As much as we all want to believe the grass is greener elsewhere it, at present is probably not.

Now to help. You don’t need the battery. I have never used mine on Vera 2 or 3. Reset the Vera to square one, Google reset Vera. Then get logged in locally to your Vera via its IP address and then log in with your user name and pw and restore the Vera from server backup. It’s pretty hard to brick a unit and I have futzed with mine to the brink of death experimenting and always have been able to recover. I know it’s frustrating with support, but once running they are ok. My Vera 2 ran a 2 year stretch of un touched time and never missed a heat cool or light scene.

Reset yours to factory and start again, check network settings and leave the Vera wifi on at first, I disabled mine and lost all connection including wired, I had to reset and restore to get back connected. Once you get it up and running then you can go to advanced settings and turn off the wifi if you don’t need it.