New user here: Is Vera slow or is something worng?

Hi all,

I have a gigabit internal network at my house. I have a 40x5 cable internet connection. My setup goes modem to router to switch to devices. Vera2 is attached to my switch.

Is it me or is Vera 2 a little slow? IE: I click a light on/off and it takes about 3 seconds for vera to say transmission sent. If I click the + in the MIOS market place it takes about 3 minutes for vera to actually install something.

Is something configured incorrectly or is this just how vera is?

Also, I have zmodo security camera’s. Do you know any way to integrate my DVR into Vera2?

One more error I am getting randomly is a screen that says “you must upgrade your browser”

I have internet explorer 8.0 I don’t understand what might be causing this error.

[quote=“ozorowsky, post:2, topic:167895”]One more error I am getting randomly is a screen that says “you must upgrade your browser”

I have internet explorer 8.0 I don’t understand what might be causing this error.[/quote]

I have never used IE, so Im not sure if there are compatibility issues. You could try installing Firefox or Chrome and see if that solves your problem.

Hi–

I am using IE8 and have not experienced any problems or slowness.

Not bad for all this functionality on top of router hardware that consumes a few Watts.

[quote=“ozorowsky, post:2, topic:167895”]One more error I am getting randomly is a screen that says “you must upgrade your browser”

I have internet explorer 8.0 I don’t understand what might be causing this error.[/quote]

Compatability mode is on. Mios doesn’t like it. It is the little broken paper icon in the URL line next to the refresh arrows and the ‘X’. You can also access it from Tools>Compatibility View Settings, make sure compatability is OFF. Otherwise, Chrome and FireFox are also good suggestions.

[quote=“raskell, post:6, topic:167895”][quote=“ozorowsky, post:2, topic:167895”]One more error I am getting randomly is a screen that says “you must upgrade your browser”

Compatability mode is on. Mios doesn’t like it. It is the little broken paper icon in the URL line next to the refresh arrows and the ‘X’. You can also access it from Tools>Compatibility View Settings, make sure compatability is OFF. Otherwise, Chrome and FireFox are also good suggestions.[/quote]

Thank you very much for the information. I’ll keep an eye on that thanks!

UPDATE

I noticed what is causing my issue of “you must upgrade your browser”

I statically set my vera 2, and modified my windows hosts file to lights points to my vera 2

Well, when I type lights into my address bar the vera 2 pops up but gives me this you must upgrade your browser error.

If I type in the actual IP I don’t get the error. Any ideas why?