New Ezlo plus Stuck at Set Up

Hello!

The new WebUI is currently in development, you can check the current state of it by logging in on https://ezlogic.mios.com/

Hello @indub,
I think you are experiencing the normal behavior of Ezlo controllers. Please check Why is my controller showing offline on the Web UI?
Best regards!

So sorry for my delay in responding. Yes, I did get it up and running - or rather once I finally got support’s attention (up a level), it got fixed. It was a firmware problem, and reloading with a new rev firmware did the trick.

I hope you have been able to find a solution. I have had terrible luck working directly with Vera support. However, the response on this forum is INCREDIBLE! It is due to someone’s efforts, on this forum, that I finally got the attention of Vera support.

Many thanks to the great people on this forum!

If you are the one who got me bumped up a level in Vera support - THANK YOU SO MUCH! It was due to this help that I got my Ezlo Plus up and running. You turned a very frustrated and dynamically dissatisfied customer back into a loyal customer.

I still have a few problems with my controller, but I now have much greater confidence that I will get them fixed - as I feel I can rely on the folks in this forum (but still can’t rely on Vera support). You folks will definately be my first and only stop for finding solutions to problems as they arise.

THANK YOU AGAIN!