New Ezlo Platform FAQ

@melih, @sorin, Tinman supports and continues to develop a plugin (Rfxtrx) used by many users. I think it would be a nice gesture to support him by getting him on the free beta test Ezlo Plus program.

3 Likes

agreed.

Pls go ahead guys.

5 Likes

One of our PM’s will be in contact with Tinman shortly.

3 Likes

Good to hear that. It is more than a nice gesture … it is essential. The RFXTRX ability is a key differentiator for the platform. Which else (other than Zipabox) of the controllers supports this as well as all the other main protocols?

Homey also supports all kinds of 433 mHz devices even without need of RFXcom.
But I fully agree this RFXcom plugin is very important for Vera. I use it myself for many years already on 2 Vera controllers.

I don’t use or like RF 433Mhz devices, however they are out there. Ezlo ideally should of inbuilt a RF 433Mhz radio for use with general RF 433Mhz devices.

The Vera Secure and presumably the Ezlo Secure that work with 2Gig devices, did have the radio but they only ever worked with 2Gig devices to my knowledge.

we are currently building integration with Broadlink product range that includes both IR and RF products.

2 Likes

Yeah Broadlink RM Pro hubs are cool and cheap.

Just make sure while you at it Rene’s most excellent 3rd party Logitech Harmony plugin for Vera gets ported to Ezlo :grin:

2 Likes

Please confirm that custom Lua code is supported in Ezlo Plus, like in Vera Plus.

Not at this moment in time, but it is on their road map.

Hi @echino,

You can write your own plugins using Lua code. See Lua - Ezlo API Documentation. Other than using the Lua language it is nothing like for Vera FW though. It is a whole new beast to learn. Here is an example GitHub - reneboer/ezlo-SolarMeter: An Solar Meter plugin for the Ezlo Linux hub. Much is still lacking though.

Cheers Rene

The latest Android beta app now supports adding Lua code in Scenes as well as sending http requests.

1 Like

I hope They add a password for logging to unit locally

Super excited about Ezlo! Was just researching replacement options for my VeraLite. She has served me very well since January/2013 but has been experiencing sporadic issues as of late.

3 Likes

Hello, I have a few questions about the the new EZLO platform. Specifically will it support the following. If not now, but maybe in future?

1. Honeywell WiFi Thermostats Plugin (I think you stated you were developing this)
  2. Scenes that had LUA Code to do various numerous things
  3. Ability for other local systems such as BluIris trigger a scene in EZLO as as we can do now in Vera using direct http calls (data_request). For example: YourServerIP:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=RunScene&SceneNum=YourSceneNum
  4. Will all of the lua scripting functionality and scripts directly portable from Vera to EZLO?

Thanks.
Bob

Good morning BGILL,

1. Here is the integration request: Log in - MiOS

2. Scenes with Lua code is a feature we are currently working on adding. Here is the feature request: Service Desk

3. I have put a feature request for this point. Here is the request Service Desk

4. They are not compatible because they have a different system, in other words, you would have to set it up from scratch.

Hi Jesus.ramos,
Thanks so much for your prompt reply.
Like so many others of your faithful Vera die-hard users/customers, when I heard the news of the discontinuation of the Vera hardware, frankly it sent shivers down my spine. I like many others have probably easily invested close to 100 hours of time configuring, refining, debugging and otherwise cobbling together a combination of core code, lua scripts, plugins and the like into an integrated solution that works well for me. I personally operate 4 Vera controllers at 4 different homes.
It will be a nightmare if everything has to be re-done and reengineered all over again.
Anyhow, I have confidence that your team will make this transition as painless as possible (hope). I realize that it won’t all be there on day1. It seems like we have probably a couple of years at least to work things out.

Regarding item #3 - I see you added a feature request, however I stumbled across a post last evening that seems to suggest that this capability is or will already be there?

Regarding item #1 - On this post “Ezlo Platform FAQ” from January 6th, Sorin stated the following:
“We plan to develop plugins for the Ecobee and Honeywell thermostats, as well as Philips Hue lights.”

I am assuming and hoping that you are referring to the redevelopment of the current Honeywell WiFi Thermostats Plugin as I use this plugin extensively with 2 of my 4 Vera controllers. I am sure there are many users of this popular plugin.
There are many advantages to this plugin which uses the Honeywell API as it doesn’t tie us to using only ZWave capable Honeywell Thermostats.
If this is not the plugin already planned for development, then I will add the feature request as you suggested.

Please, note, I am unable to view the Feature Requests you referenced above. The system advises me that I don’t have permission to review the requests. (Perhaps it’s because I only today created my account on the platform where the feature requests are published.)

Thanks in advance.
Bob

You can do that now already, just follow my guide on how to construct the HTTP(S) command to run the scene.

You can also run LUA code in Ezlo scenes now as well I believe.

Hi CW-Kid,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes I saw your post about that last night. So yes I believe you are correct, this is exactly what I was after. CW's IDIOT GUIDE - To Ezlo platform HTTP API commands aka Luup Requests

• That’s why I was asking why Jesus was suggesting I create a feature request. You have indicated that it’s already supported. So this is what I was asking about. If in fact it is there, then it would not make sense for me to submit a feature request to Ezlo.

Thanks.
Bob

Good afternoon,

Setting up your lua codes that way is not a native feature, hence why I put the feature request. But that is something you can try in the meantime, of course.

For legacy units there won’t be new integrations or plugins as we will only be providing firmware updates to fix bugs and general issues. We will have to wait for our engineers to determine how the integration is done for the Honeywell thermostat with the new Ezlo controllers. If you use the plugin for other purposes, please specify them so I can put a feature request separately.

I’m not sure why it isn’t visible as we have configure it to be visible to the public, we will be looking at this matter.

Regards,