New EZLO Linux Firmware pre-Alpha starting soon

Hi,

It doesn’t work if you click Buy from getvera.com ?

Hi @therealdb,

For non-US you will have to find a local vendor. I know in the UK and NL there are a couple, so you might need to look for the shops having other z-wave gear.

Cheers Rene

https://www.vesternet.com/collections/brands-veracontrol/products/z-wave-vera-edge

C

I’m still running 1.0.13 (uptime is 29 days) so let me know if I need to do anything (e.g. PM credentials for my edge) other than patiently wait.

root@HUB45XXXX42:~# cat /usr/lib/opkg/info/firmware-common-git_version.control
Package: firmware-common-git_version
Version: 1.0.13
Depends:  libc
Section: eZLO Innovation
Architecture: ramips_24kec
Installed-Size: 4432
Description:  	Just firmware-common-git_version package

I was told in the past that you have to order it only from certified vendors, otherwise warranty could not be applied. I got mine from amazon.it back in the days. I’ll check again.

Hi @therealdb,

Well not sure how the rules are where you are at but here (EU) who ever you buy it from is responsible to handle any warranty claim. If it get hard bricked because of the alpha software it should normally still apply. How would they know. It stopped working al together right?

Cheers Rene

Yep, I know it’s how you describe, and I’ll get it from amazon anyway, since they will cover it directly just in case of problems. Thanks.

anyone know if they are planning on expanding this alpha into the Vera Plus? the specs are almost identical to the Edge (even has a faster processor)?

3 Likes

I just bought a second hand Australian Edge from eBay a few months back.

Before Xmas there were some good opportunities on refurbished units, but only for US… very sad being in EU

A post was split to a new topic: Vera Feedback

Not sure if this was ever answered, but I am wondering the same thing as I own a Vera Plus. In regards to the upgrade on the Vera Edge, is this upgrade seamless (apart from usual Alpha issues) or does one actually need to rebuild their config from scratch? Are the plugins from the previous version still supported? (Apologies if this is answered elsewhere… perhaps a FAQ would be useful?)

You will be starting from scratch. Same goes for plugins etc unless devs are able to make their own migration path for their own plugins.

1 Like

Hi,

Do you thing any day will be possible to acces EZLO firmaware from the web?
Do you think any day will be possible upgrade the Zwave network in a Vera Edge (UI7 → Ezlo)?

Hello @save

Yes, it is in our roadmap.

We have this functionality in new Ezlo RTOS and Linux firmware.
UI teams are implementing now UI part of it.

Thanks.

1 Like

Come again?

There will be a migration path from Vera FW to Ezlo FW?

Hi @cw-kid.
By this message I meant rediscovery of Z-wave network as upgrade the Z-wave network, not upgrade from vera to ezlo automatically.

Hi, I don´t understand the difference. I don´t mind the way. The really important thing is not reinstall (include) the devices in the new firmware.
Will be a similar way, we did to copy the Zwave network from Vera Lite to Vera Edge?

It doesn’t appear to be in the plan at the moment, but…

C

I’ve been trying to find an answer to this question to – mostly out of curiosity, but also to help test things out on the Vera Plus hardware if the Ezlo Linux firmware is even planned for it.