New Danfoss Living Connect Z - Code 014G0012 - Firmware 2.50 (Oct 2012)

If possible, please could people share the model/firmware of the firmware running on their LC.

In the absence of a firmware revision list it would interested to see what if between us we have differences and try and work out what if anything has changed.

A friend’s just told me that his FW rev. 2.06 Danfoss LCs does not have an option to specify whether you’ve a) installed the thermostat vertically or horizontally, or b) enabled/disable the “intelligent temperature control” feature.

I have 2.06, and I don’t have those options.

Just checked mine and also the manual, my one is also on 2.06 - but what’s interesting is…

The manual paper Installation and user guide that came with it stops at 4.5 which is the Technical Data. If you compare the two manuals and the tech data, to the one i posted below (http://www.zwave-products.co.uk/online/templatemedia/all_lang/resources/DAN_LIVC_M30_in_en.pdf) there are a number of interesting differences. E.g synchronising is replaced with reaction time / temperature the link shows it is approved by z-wave where as my paper copy is not.

I had seen posting about this before on the Fibaro HC site, but it does indeed suggests we’ve got a very different (non z-wave approved) devices.

If I hold down the select/menu button for 3 seconds to get the ‘M’ I only have two options ‘L1’ and ‘Pb’

This looks like an online copy of my manual fw2.06

http://heating.consumers.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/013R9501_installation_userguide_living_connect_280111_.pdf

Danfoss Website continues to list two versions of the Living Comnect.

http://heating.danfoss.com/xxTypex/585379.html

My feeling continues to be that the original LCs we have (so fw2.06) were designed and built for their internal Danfoss Link controller range and as such compatibility with others such as Vera or Fibaro HC was secondary.

I’m therefore optimistic that the rumours of a new ‘z-wave approved’ model with its new features might improve things :wink:

Ive got another question here…
Is this interval of 1.5 hours related to the wakeup time?
If so, i have read about someone who has connected a USB power supply to the units (instead of batteries) and if you can adjust the wakuptime (since batterylife is irrelevant) this should solve the issue.

Or is it deeper in the software?

[quote=“DRuw, post:25, topic:173081”]Ive got another question here…
Is this interval of 1.5 hours related to the wakeup time?[/quote]

I would say it is more the ‘reaction’ time, the request from Vera is received fine and within the wake up period, but it’s the time taken to change that can take a while. Danfoss seem to suggest this is because it is a ‘desired’ temperature when sent remotely so it can take its time to get there, whereas if you touch the TRV directly, this is seen as a ‘required’ setting so it seeks to adjust almost instantly.

I’m not sure about a USB connection (please share the link if you find it) but Intveltr (on this forum) has done something with a 3volt DC device, some wood and some nails :slight_smile: )

[quote=“DRuw, post:25, topic:173081”]…can adjust the wakuptime (since batterylife is irrelevant) this should solve the issue.
Or is it deeper in the software?[/quote]

I think the consensus is that it is part of the firmware/design and not related to the wake up , so we are optimistic that this is being addressed in the next release, although it is looking doubtful .

So its the PID setting which ruins the party (it slowly ramps up instead of setting itself fully open untill the desired value has been reached and then slowly turning off…)

I was referring to him indeed:)

I think the new valves should be available by now right? (the three I ordered are on their way now but I cant receive them since Im not at home this week:()

Ok, i just got them in:)
I dont get it… now I discover that my current cranes are M28 (at least, thats what I measure) so the danfoss cranes dont fit (need to buy adapters which they seem to have…)
But something else: I received 014G0009 cranes… which actually should not matter anymore since the software hasnt changed right?
Vera understands the thing as far as I can see (testing only one at this time) and it does transmit back and forth.
I cant hear the motor working or see the valve-part change when I change the setpoint (both locally and via vera) but I figure this is the controller taking time to adjust right? (no direct response but gradually over time).
Also, in all the manuals, I see that you place the part with the allen key thingy first and then screw the unit over this one… my allen key thingy is fastened to the unit (it can rotate but I cant remove it) is this correct?
I dont understand what I need to do actually…
help?

From the [tt]Settings[/tt] tab of the device, could you post the [tt]Capabilities[/tt], [tt]Version[/tt], [tt]Manufacturer[/tt] and [tt]Model[/tt] strings?

Presto!

I can comment on some not all…

That depends, feedback suggests the new version of the TRV will have firmware 2.50 which may not have any new features but might address existing ones. But we just do not know for sure until someone gets them.

It sounds like Vera has included it and it is working, (which is good) as for the noise, this can be hit an miss, and might depend on a number if factors, such as the room temperature, the amount you are looking to change the settings etc. I would leave it for a while, give it time to adjust to the room temp (aim to the set the desired set point to what you think the room temp is) and then look to make some big changes and see what happens .

Well first I need to sort-out how I can connect the valves correctly since they are M30 and I have M28 valves (or something) :-[.

Just received an email from the company that I buy my zwave kit from in the UK - and the news was kind of what I was expecting (sadly)

“According to our distributor, there is no difference in z-wave capabilities, the difference in firmware is just that they removed support for their proprietary protocol.”

I assume this to mean that we will suffer the response delays (approx 1.5hrs to react)

But it would be nice if this was confirmed by others on this forum when they speak to a Danfoss or their HA suppliers.

I got the same message from Danfoss! However, I think it is still worth to have a chat with the technical department that developed the unit. I will try that when we have a clear feeling about the function of the z-version unit.

I received the same information form a supplier (not from Danfoss, the guys I called from Danfoss said that the 014G0012 don’t excist…)
But Vera User, is your problem solved now since the 014G0009 (which is the old 014G0012) did not have this issue.
Since the software is not changed (except that they removed a part which is not used by us), you should not have a problem… right?

I tried changing setpoints via the HomeWave app and since then they are both responding as expected now. The problem may be related to my browser/UI5!

hmmm, I received another email that the software is 100% identical but in the package the 014G0012 has the K-Adapter included (Im guseeing this one:http://heating.danfoss.com/PCMPDF/K_adap_013R9506_VIFNH202_.pdf but I find that strange why they would add an accesoire…
Can you tell me what was included in your package (pics?)
see my post with a picture of my complete package: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12289.msg91882.html#msg91882

Well, they come in two versions! The version I have ordered comes with: 1) the thermostat, 2) two batteries, 3) an RA adapter (for the Danfoss valve), 4) a K adapter (the one on the link you provided in your post) and 5) an allen key to mount the RA adapter.

Your pics suggest that the valve is also included, but that is not the case for the units I ordered.

its a valve indeed (the gold-colored one) but that thing doesnt fit my 1/2" valve:(
in the picture of my valves, you can see a ring on the left side of the unit itsef (the fixed one).
do you have that as well? in the manuals I see that that thing is loose and should be fixed to the valve with an allen key but mine is fixed and I need to put the unit on the valve and tighten the allen key bolt while olding the complete unit.
I have some kind of ring ofwhich I dont know the purpose (most left side of the picture) but thats not an adapter as far as I know (looks like some kind of closing ring in order to make it look nice…

Well, it looks like the valve on the table is a Danfoss RA and the one in the radiator is a K-type (M30x1.5). If so both should fir into a ½inch thread in the radiator. The white ring to the left in the picture looks like the K-adapter that goes onto the K-type valve.

From what I can see on the picture, the thermostat is mounted with the RA adapter. You should replace that with the K-adapter if you dont want to replace the valve in the radiator with the Danfoss valve.