New Amazon fire ready for wall mount

I just got an Amazon fire 7 last night. I’ve rooted it, protected it from updates, loaded the nova launcher, and installed imerihome. Now to read everything in this section to set it up for my wall mount.

Do you guys have any first suggestions or particular posts to pay attention to as suggestions? I know done threads can be really long and good info be stuck in the middle somewhere.

I’d be interested in knowing how that tablet works-out running imperihome. As far as anything to look out for - nothing! Imperihome works pretty much out of the box.

It works really well. I have to make some final decisions on how I want to set some things up and then figure out my wall mount I’ll be doing. The response to the tiles from imperihome is fantastic. Pushing a button on the 7 button scene controller, tapping a button in Vera mobile, or one in authomation all have a slight lag. From imperihome on that tablet…it’s seriously instantaneous.

Thanks for the info. That tab is cheap enough that you can have several around the house.

You just need to be careful about what firmware it has if you want to root it.

Now i’m interested in using this one i had laying around to put imperihome in the workshop or something. I see that it’s running 5.3.3, is that the one i need to be careful about?

No root for that one yet. You can use a process called side loading to get the Google play store on it and put another launcher and such. But you can’t root that one right now. That’s a new one too, so it has updated itself recently.

do you have a way for no lockscreen?

The only way to get rid of that ad-loaded lock screen is to root the tab. If it already has the latest firmware, you are out of luck, there is no root for that one yet.

That’s the reason i abandoned the idea of using it.