New Amazon Echo options coming

Available for Preorder. I must admit, I already have the Dot on order :slight_smile:

Do I understand this correctly that you can only order the Dot if you already have an Alexa enabled device??

That’s what it says but I was able to order the Dot with my Amazon iPhone app. I do think you need a prime account though.

I have not bought an Echo because I have no need for another speaker, the Dot is perfect for me.

Ordered my Echo Dot yesterday as well! I’ve been using my Echo for several weeks now, controlling various devices within my home. I’m excited about the Dot, it will allow my to expand voice capabilities to other areas of my home.

I ordered a Dot too, but not sure what I am going to do with it!

That’s what it says but I was able to order the Dot with my Amazon iPhone app. I do think you need a prime account though.

I have not bought an Echo because I have no need for another speaker, the Dot is perfect for me.[/quote]

I have a Prime account and I checked the iPhone app but I don’t see any way to order the Dot without already having an Echo. How were you able to order it?

Ordered two dots… I kind of like the idea of the tap but they don’t specify either way if itll actively listen when charging.

By far the very best thing it does for me is airplay an iTunes playlist of cartoons for the kids when they are being cranky. “Alexa, turn on Peppa Pig” and the popular, “alexa, turn security mode on” and blue iris pops up on the TV.

I have not bought an Echo because I have no need for another speaker, the Dot is perfect for me.[/quote]

I have a Prime account and I checked the iPhone app but I don’t see any way to order the Dot without already having an Echo. How were you able to order it?[/quote]

Search for it in the amazon app but don’t click on it, just swipe right to add it to your cart.

That’s sneaky, but it worked!

Thanks very much!

Doesn’t work on my android app…any suggestions? :cry:

You don’t have to order the Dot via an Alexa enabled device, you can also use your smartphone as long as you have the Amazon App and are a prime member

If you load up the Amazon App on android, hit the microphone, then say “Add Amazon Echo Dot to my shopping Cart” and this will show you the add to cart option. Click that, check out and you are good to go.

Looks like they won’t start shipping until May, but at the price point sounds like a great product. I absolutely love my Amazon Echo and it’s ability to control my most used scenes from almost anywhere in the house using my voice. This will help me extend this feature, can’t wait!

Check out my Z-Wave Review site at http://www.MyZwave.net for some detail on how I’ve integrated echo into my Z-Wave network as well as a ton of other Z-Wave reviews with more coming soon