Networking / Vera / IP camera question

I’m not sure if this is the best place for this but I have a question regarding networking, Vera, and IP cameras. I currently have 3 routers set up in my house. I have a modem/router provided by my ISP(Router 1), a Linksys EA4500 (Router 2)that I have all of my ip cameras, Vera, my computers, and all other devices connected to and an Almond Plus (Router 3)that does not have anything connected to it. I would like to move the IP cameras to their own router to free up my wifi bandwidth and so that I can set up port forwarding without any risk to the other devices in my network.

My plan is this:
WAN of Router 3 to LAN on Router 2 WAN on Router 2 to LAN on Router 1. I will set the IP address of Router 2 on Router 1 to be in a DMZ and remove all firewalls from Router 1. The only thing that will ever be connected to Router 1 will be Router 2. I will have all of my IP cameras and Router 3 on Router 2 and and I will set up port forwarding on Router 2 so I can view my IP cameras from the internet. I will connect my Vera and all other devices to Router 3.

My questions are will Vera be able to see my IP cameras on Router 2 even though it is on Router 3? Do I need to set up port forwarding on router 1 even though I have router 2 in a DMZ and have all firewalls on router 1 disabled?

I think it will work because I can connect to router 3 now and see my IP cameras and Vera but I want to make sure before I move everything around.

I am not an IT guy but here are some questions to think about:

• Do you currently have an issue with bandwidth? If not then I wouldn’t bother with this more complex setup.
  • Why do you want to disable the firewall? I think you can keep the FW active and just open ports for the cameras.
  • If you want to use 3 routers, why would you connect router 3 to router 2 rather than to router 1? I believe this means all the bandwidth from the cameras and all other devices will be on the LAN between router 1 and router 2. The wired bandwidth is higher (compared to wireless) but if bandwidth is an issue then you might want to reconsider this setup.

Does anyone know if this will work?

I agree with maja, I don’t think that the whole system is necessary unless you are having issues with bandwidth, and with a 802.11n router you shouldn’t be.

That being said, you will want to bridge the routers straight from LAN to LAN ports. The only thing that should go to a WAN port is a modem provided by your ISP. You say your modem is a modem/router combo, so in your configuration you won’t need to connect anything to the WAN ports on Router 2 & 3. Also, it would make the most sense to connect LAN on router 3 to LAN on router 1, then LAN on router 2 to router 1.

That configuration should work just fine