Network repair (aka Heal) status question

I’ve been experiencing problems with scene slowness (i.e. Scenes that used to take 1-3 seconds are taking 10-15) recently. After upgrading to 1183 had no impact on this performance, I decided to run a network repair (aka a z-wave heal operation) as it has been a while since I’ve done this.

The repair is still running, but I’m intruiged by the status that Vera is displaying:

Heal Stage:
Stage 4 of 6 Waiting for 3 of 9149866 to wakeup

After waiting a little longer, the number seems to have increased:

Heal Stage:
Stage 4 of 6 Waiting for 3 of 9149936 to wakeup
Heal:
Pass 5/5 Updating neighbors for node 20

My network is certainly growing, but nowhere near 9 million devices. :slight_smile: Should I be concerned, or just ignore this as a quirk?

Quirk! Think of it as a feature :wink:

I’ve had it before, and also seen other users who’ve had it too!

I have had this happen to me as well several times. So you are not alone.

• Garrett

Thanks guys. After waiting the expected amount of time (120 minutes in my case), the heal operation completed.

Unfortunately it didn’t improve my scene execution speed issue. My larger scenes (involving 6-10 devices) are still taking upwards of 15 seconds to complete. :frowning:

[quote=“fall-line, post:4, topic:167599”]Thanks guys. After waiting the expected amount of time (120 minutes in my case), the heal operation completed.

Unfortunately it didn’t improve my scene execution speed issue. My larger scenes (involving 6-10 devices) are still taking upwards of 15 seconds to complete. :([/quote]

Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s just…

This isn’t really firmware related. The scenes will take longer to run if devices are being configured or the network is busy.
They won’t explain this, I guess it’s a feature.

I would send a ticket with logs locked, they should be able to see where the delay is

By the way, in the past I’ve had scenes running slow after an upgrade and corrected it with a “clean install” where I saved backup, then reset to factory default, then upgrade to desired firmware, then restore backup, I know it’s a pain but something to try

So what do each of the stages of heal do?