Netatmo Wind & Rain readings to control screens

Hi,

I have 2 sunscreens with Somfy RTS motors which I control (open/close) in Vera using a RFXtrx433E module. I would like to create a scene whereby (1) windgushes larger than say 40 km/h (roughly 6 Beaufort) or (2) rainfall of more than say 1 mm will open my screens (roll them in). This ofcourse to prevent them from being damaged when left unattended.

Has anyone done this already who can provide me with some pointers? Like the scales of the metrics used in the triggers? No decimals can be entered here. Or should I perhaps use PLEG for this instead of the Vera scene creator?

Thanks.

[quote=“gassel, post:1, topic:192954”]Hi,

I have 2 sunscreens with Somfy RTS motors which I control (open/close) in Vera using a RFXtrx433E module. I would like to create a scene whereby (1) windgushes larger than say 40 km/h (roughly 6 Beaufort) or (2) rainfall of more than say 1 mm will open my screens (roll them in). This ofcourse to prevent them from being damaged when left unattended.

Has anyone done this already who can provide me with some pointers? Like the scales of the metrics used in the triggers? No decimals can be entered here. Or should I perhaps use PLEG for this instead of the Vera scene creator?

Thanks.[/quote]

I thought about the same (and have the rainsensor already) but the update interval of netatmo child devices is to slow to monitor it for these purposes. Sometimes it could take 10 to 15 minutes to update. Thats to slow for me.

Yes, the actual Netatmo system updates itself every 5 minutes, I believe. However, the Web API, used by the plugin, is limited to every 10 minutes.

Still, that means 5 minutes on average (0-10). That could be an acceptable interval, as wind gushes usually preceed heavy rainfall. And I wouldn’t want the screen to retract at the first gush, but with some delay. So if Netatmo measures several gushes in the last couple of minutes, that seems fine to me.

Update: is perhaps a workaround possible with the Netatmo notifications (push messages) as used in the mobile app? Attached a screenshot (in Dutch).

its been a while but I am doing exactly this. What i am doing id using both darksky and netatmo (fall back optionality and both conditions needs to satisfied). Have setting for rain, weather (temp), wind speeds. For rain I have 10% extension, for fast but not too fast speeds I have 50% extension and then low speeds I have 100% extension. I am using reactor to do this.

Is there a way to get updates every 2-4 mins ? even thought I know netatmo updates only every 5 mins?