Netatmo: Version Log

Release 4

Attached are the files for the fourth major release candidate of the Netatmo plugin. If there’s no negative feedback then I’ll push it to the App Store. A Github repository already exists at [url=https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo]https://github.com/akbooer/Netatmo[/url].

Although this should all look very familiar, there’s been some major reworking under the covers, so perhaps some new bugs introduced. However, it’s been tested on UI5, UI7, AltUI and openLuup (under Debian, OpenWRT, and Mac OS.)

New features include:

• single new device type for non-standard metrics - previously there was a different device type for each metric presented as a separate child: CO2, Pressure, Noise, Rain, Wind. Now there’s only one generic device type, but they all have their own custom icons and text display, so the result ends up looking very similar.
  • battery level indication on child devices - for those child devices whose measurements come from a battery powered module, the battery state of that module is displayed with a small battery icon in the usual fashion. So if you have, for example Temperature and Humidity both split out as separate child devices from the same module, then they will both refer to the same battery level.
  • pressure trend text for atmospheric pressure - as a by-product of using the new API, the pressure trend for atmospheric pressure is now displayed.
  • support for new wind gauge - now properly supported, a child device displays both speed and angle. Additional metrics such as gust strength and direction are also available as device variables.
  • extra measurement variables in master device - the new API brings a number of new metrics, most of which are transferred to device variables of the master Netatmo plugin device. Recall that all variables here are in raw units, as received from the API. Metrics in child devices, however, are converted into the units specified by the various options in the actual Netatmo configuration.
  • fewer files, and smaller footprint both on disc and in memory- this also makes deployment in the App Store easier.
  • full support for UI5, UI7, AltUI - an AltUI snapshot from a Vera running UI7 is attached.

Installation Notes:

You can install this on top of a previously installed version if the install was NOT originally done from the App Store (this might just be a UI7 constraint, I’m unsure.) Just upload the code files in the usual way and put the icons into the relevant directories for your system version. If your previous install came from the App Store, then I’d recommend that you remove the plugin and start again manually (this will require you to re-enter you username, password, clientID, and clientSecret credential, so remember to note them down before deleting.) Once I’ve moved this release to the App Store, then installing from there should work as expected.

There will be an amount of file clean-up to do: the icon files are named somewhat differently, and a lot on .xml and .json files are now redundant. What you need to retain are the files in these zipped archives, anything else with Netatmo in the name can go.

Documentation

Shamefully, I’ve never produced a User Guide for the Netatmo, it having grown somewhat organically over the last three years. I will pull together the notes and posts that I have made and try to get them into some shape, but from a user point of view, it’s just about the same as ever.

I’m keen to hear feedback before I push it to the App Store. Thanks.

Release 4

Now available from the Mios App Store and also from GitHub at GitHub - akbooer/Netatmo: Netatmo plugin for Vera

2018 Release 2.27 (v18.2.27) - AWAITING VERA APPROVAL APPROVED!

Nothing new here, just an update to the latest for the MiOS store.

Rain/wind gauges supported, and all the usual other modules.

Just checking to see if there is any new updates to the Netatmo plugin. My outdoor unit at my vacation home either died, disconnected, or got stolen and is no longer reporting information back. Which is causing the LUA to fail at starting the Netatmo plugin. I see v18227 in the MIOS store, and the above github link is even older. Any chance or progress on working around when one node fails to send data to Netatmo? Is there a way to do an if then? If data is fed in use Netatmo reading. If no data, then set to 1 or some static variable?

I’m running 19.1.30, which should be the latest from the development branch. I haven’t fixed the issue with dead devices… been tied up with other stuff including alpha and beta testing of Vera systems.

It’s overdue for an update, and this will be a significant change. I’ll do my best to take a look.

AK

2 Likes

Thank you! I looked at the new LUA file in the development branch. It looks like the main update is that you moved the “HTTP request handler” earlier in the code. Is there an advantage to this?

My work around that I am working on right now, is to share my “Home” Netatmo with another account, then link that secondary account into Vera. This will allow my phone app to have both Netatmo’s, but my Home Vera to only see the Home Netatmo.

UPDATE: That work around worked. I now only see my primary home, where I have immediate access to all devices.

1 Like

The advantage of this is that the HTTP handler is started before the Netatmo communication is attempted. This allows an HTTP request to examine the diagnostic data in the event of a failure.

Glad your workaround works.

AK

1 Like

To upgrade, I only need to upload the L_Netatmo.lua and L_Netatmo2.lua files, then restart the engine?

Are you running on Vera, or openLuup?

Vera native. UI7, if that is needed to be known.

Basically, yes. However, Vera is a bit odd about updating App Store installed plugin components these days. Best is to explicitly delete those two .lzo files first and then upload those two. The plugins page may not show the right details then, but it all should work.

2020 Development Release 5.11 (v20.5.11)

Available from the GitHub development branch (and Alt App Store, but not the MiOS App Store.)

• quick fix for missing module/device issue

See:

1 Like