Netatmo on UI7

No username has no dots, special characters. Was working fine on UI5.

Even tried setting up a new account and still didn’t work.

Hi there,

I have also trouble with the netatmo plugin.
I have a vera Edge with ui7.
From within vera edge go to install apps and install the plugin.
Then with wincp de modified files from this forum.
I can then fill in the advanged tab.
Made a dev account with netatmo.

But authorisation failed.

I am getting a VeraEdge (and, of course, UI7) courtesy of MCV so that I can more effectively troubleshoot and fix (hopefully) problems relating to the latest hardware and firmware.

Good to Hear. I Really want to use the plugin, put still getting authorisation failt. I testen it with vera lite without. Any problems.

I have two netatmo’s, one in Boston and one in Florida. I could see the data from both while connected to each Vera controller. All spawned devices had a unique name to indicate to which netatmo the data came from. I had created two applications at netatmo so I had a unique secret number and client id for each vera netatmo plugin. All was working beautifully. I lost the Boston plugin. When I try and install it again all goes well until I need to bring up the advanced settings to enter in the credentials, clientid and secret. Nothing appears on the device page after the initial page where the device can be given a name and room. The advanced page is blank. The controller for the Florida Vera is reporting data from both netatmos (including the one in Boston). How can I get the Boston Vera to report the data from the Boston netatmo? I cannot enter in a unique app clientid or netatmo account (If i were to create a separate account) since I never get the ADVANCED setup page. Thank you

Have you restarted Vera and refreshed your browser?

First of all, thank you. Yes I restarted the Vera controller. I refreshed the browser. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin all many times. I am surprised that I am having trouble since I had it running beautifully twice before. In fact it still runs perfectly at my other house. On that controller I can see the Netatmo for both houses even now so the Netatmo is communicating with its host and the login on the Florida Vera is reading data from Netatmo without issue. When I install the plugin on the Boston Vera, it installs the app, gets the data and gets the configuration without problem. It creates the main device but not the individual devices for _temp, _humidity, etc. When I go to settings for the Netatmo device I get the general page which allows for the change of name for the device. when I click on device options, or advanced settings I get a blank page. Therefore I am unable to enter my UID, pwd, secret or clientid. Again I have tried rebooting the Vera, the browser, the laptop, and have reinstalled the plugin over and over. It makes no sense. Anything you can suggest I will certain try. Any logs any alternative means of install any any any. I LOVE THE PLUGIN. It is so useful. Thank you.

If you’re using UI7 and the “advanced” tab is blank and there are no app specific tabs, this can indicate a corrupt or missing device JSON file.

This issue does not necessarily surface on UI5, or on a previous firmware version of UI7, only the latest firmware version of UI7.

I would suggest running the JSON file through JSON Lint and verifying that it is valid.

If it is valid, then you would want to check and make sure you don’t have conflicting files on your vera (in your /etc/cmh-ludl directory). Perhaps one that is compressed (.lzo file) and one that is not. Try deleting both and then re-uploading a known valid JSON file.

(Edit…the duplicate file issue could also be with other installed files, particularly if you have manually uploaded or transferred some files yourself.)

Thank you. I assume that the json file somehow defines the device. I certainly could run it through jsonlint for validation but I would not know how to get to this json device file. I assume that it is specific for the plugin generated device. Unfortunately I cannot see anything since I cannot get to the ADVANCED tab. I am on a MAC and could use TERMINAL to access files on the Vera if I had pointers on how to access it and login. Any reference to any guide would be fine. I could work through that. Also you mention duplicate files in a particular directory. Once I gained access to the Vera I could CD to that directory and delete duplicates but I would be very concerned that I might not upload the json file correctly. Again if you can point me to something that might serve as a guide, I would appreciate it immensely. Thanks

The JSON file defines the “appearance” of the device in the browser UI, and what the UI elements do when you click on them. (What functions are called.) If the JSON is not valid in UI7, you get a “non functioning” UI.

First of all, I am assuming that you have already tried to upload the files in the zip attached to this post.. If not, do that first (and then do NOT reinstall the plugin, just refresh your browser a few times after uploading.)

If you have done that, and still have no success…then I can only tell you what I would try if I were in your shoes. :slight_smile: This is what I would do.

1. Uninstall the plug-in. This should also remove any devices that you have associated with the plug-in.
  2. Log into your vera. Here is a guide for getting your vera lite UI7 password and logging in. I have not done this on a Mac myself, but there are instructions there.

Standard disclaimer: be careful when browsing around in your Vera as root!

1. You would then need to navigate to this directory: /etc/cmh-ludl. This command should get you there:
chdir /etc/cmh-ludl
  1. I would delete all files related to the netamo plugin. They will all probably start with “X_Netatmo…” where X is varying letters. However, I do not know this plug-in myself, so I can’t confirm all of the files that installed. So until someone can confirm the exact files that should be deleted, I would be cautious. You can see if you have “duplicate” files, if you see the same file name but one has an extension of .lzo, and one does not. (For example D_Netatmo.xml and D_Netatmo.xml.lzo)

2. Reinstall the plugin.

3. Upload the updated JSON files from the zip file I referenced above.

Again, that’s what I would try…your milage may vary. :slight_smile:

Thank you ever so much. Getting inside the a Vera Edge with SSH is different than what all of the guides online suggest. I was able to noodle through it and am in now using the Terminal app on the MAC and the IP for the Edge and the pwd for the edge (the wifi pwd) No pwd on the bottom of the unit. From here I will resolve the problem from your advice. You are a keeper.

I have just received my VeraEdge and UI7 (firmware 1.7.906) (thanks MCV)

I am experiencing exactly the same situation as described - blank Advanced tab (and “Netatmo : Authorization failed”, and “Netatmo Can’t Detect Device”), so that’s GOOD NEWS for you!

I don’t think there’s any point in trying to delete install files: it certainly looks, at the moment, like a .json file sensitivity that wasn’t there before.

I’m working on it.

Edit:

[ul][li]there is no syntax error in the [tt]D_Netatmo.json[/tt] file. There may be semantic errors. Or it may be something else.[/li][/ul]

@akbooer,

I would start by taking the D_Netatmo.json and eliminating everything but the tab for the Advanced tab and make sure that’s working and you get the advanced tab to display properly.

I did notice that this JSON file has labels that are constructed as HTML hyperlinks. If I had to guess, this may be what UI7 is perhaps complaining about?

One step forwards…

There is, alas, an old error(*) which has crept into one of the install .xml files - one which doesn’t affect UI5 but does affect UI7. Shame on my version control.

So, loading the attached file and restarting SHOULD, at least, allow you to view the Advanced tab and enter your login and authorization credentials.

The bad news is that I still get an authentication error! Nevertheless, I would be grateful if someone could try this out and report back.

Thanks.

(*) see [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16276.msg203368/topicseen.html#msg203368]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,16276.msg203368/topicseen.html#msg203368[/url], and thanks to @reneboer who also fixed the .json files for UI7 at that time.

I’ve downloaded the .xml and uploaded to Vera. Can open Advanced tab now. Also see last update, memory used and links to reports now.

Icon for Netatmo parent device is gone tho, but I did change some paths when downloading Icon pack I found somewehere in this thread.

VeraLite 1.7.481

I would love to participate but I am not quite up to dealing with these unix technical matters. I have downloaded the xml file but would not know how to “upload” it to the vera. I can establish an SSH session with the Vera Edge but am stopped there. I am 67 and have built and owned high tech companies but after I got them rolling the smart guys built product. I would be grateful to have a guide to uploading and installing the file. I am also happy to wait until you get things sorted out for dummies. I appreciate your work. Would love to have the wind gauge here in Boston tonight as my house on the Bay is shaking down to its foundation.

@tdavis312 I’m not sure how it can be done if your using UI7 but in UI5 there is a page under “Apps → Develop apps → Luup files” where you can upload files easily. Maybe a similar possibility is available in UI7, you just need to find it.

Yes, exactly the same in UI7… Apps > Develop apps > Luup files, gets you to the list of installed files and the upload area (where you can now simply drag and drop.)

I’ve added a poll to this thread, and I’d be very very grateful if users could take a moment to register their findings… [Edit: now removed since things have moved on - thanks to those who responded.]

I know that the dreaded “authorization error” is an issue for some - it is for me! But I also know that this does work on at least some UI7 installations. I’m trying to ascertain if it is an Edge problem (or a later version of UI7). This would give me some evidence to go to the Vera support folks.

At the same time I am trying to get better diagnostics for the point of failure.

I had the Netatmo plugin running on my Vera Edge without problem. I got my Edge very soon after it was released. The plugin worked exactly like the one I have in my other house which runs on a Vera 3. Then all of a sudden it did not work on the Edge and this problem of not being able to get to the ADVANCED setup page for the device started occurring overtime after I reinstalled the plugin app. I do not believe that I changed anything in the Edge setup. It was working then it was not.