Need help in setting up ZIR000 Motion Sensor

Hello Everyone

I have been trying to get my ZIR000 motion sensor working. Here are the steps i followed.

1. Clicked Z-wave button in Vera2 to be in Include Mode.
  2. Installed the batteries in ZIR000 and clicked the button many times till i see the fast blinking in the Vera2.
  3. Now i see the Sensor in the Vera2 Page. It says waiting to configure the device.
  4. After some time, the device got configured.
  5. The sensor mounted in one of the rooms.
  6. I don’t see the motion detected and have been trying last couple of days.

Please let me know if i have missed anything.

Thanks
Bahi

Any suggestions would be really helpful to get this sensor working.

Thanks

First, I don’t pretend to be an expert…

Second: what happens when you click on the “Arm” button ?

Also: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=5802.msg34216#msg34216

It never shows detection irrespective of the sensor in ARMED or BYPASS mode.

Thanks

Is there a way to know if the device is still communicating ?

I always see the device in MyMiOS screen without any Red indication. I’m not sure what other ways to check if the device is constantly communicating.

Thanks

Let’s suppose everything else is fine, is it possible that the sensitivity is to high (low) ?

I’m not an expert but did installed the same device just today.

My steps:

• I mounted wall switch in that room
  • I took vera2 powered by battery to that room
  • I pressed z-wave button on my vera2 to enter device add mode
  • I triple press button on wall switch (it is duwi) - Vera2 led blinking fast just after that
  • I installed batteries into motion sensor (been physically in the room of planned installation)
  • I pressed “Button” button inside the sensor - Vera2 led blinking fast just after that
  • keeping my vera2 in the room (it is connected using wifi to home network) I check that both switch and sensor were added
  • Vera2 was moved to it’s regular location
  • I created two scenes to switch lights on by tripped ON and to switch off by tripped OFF
  • I checked Settings tab of the sensor and found no neighbors listed - I pressed “Update neighbors” button on Device option tab.

this time nothing working
I left all for half an hour doing something else and it started working without any additional actions

@ Huogas: I have set it to High Sensitivity. Doesn’t the sensor trip easily because of this setup?

@ Axill:
Thank You for the steps. I will follow your steps.

When the motion sensor is armed and it detects motion, i would like to receive a notification. I have set this notification in that device setup. Currently i dont receive any notification.

Also do you see the RED Man in your MyMiOS screen for that sensor when it detects the motion?

Thanks

You are perfectly right. Sorry for not being to help you more.

I see red led flashing only once just before light will be switched ON

[quote=“homeautomation, post:1, topic:167940”]Hello Everyone

I have been trying to get my ZIR000 motion sensor working. Here are the steps i followed.

1. Clicked Z-wave button in Vera2 to be in Include Mode.
  2. Installed the batteries in ZIR000 and clicked the button many times till i see the fast blinking in the Vera2.
  3. Now i see the Sensor in the Vera2 Page. It says waiting to configure the device.
  4. After some time, the device got configured.
  5. The sensor mounted in one of the rooms.
  6. I don’t see the motion detected and have been trying last couple of days.

Please let me know if i have missed anything.

Thanks
Bahi[/quote]

I followed the instructions that came with Z1R000 step by step and it is still working with no problems 3 months after installing it. vera notifies me everytime the sensor is triggered. try a “heal”.

I removed and added the sensor again as per the instructions and it’s not working.

The sensor shows tripped when I open the cover. There is one more switch with spring attached. This one is pressed when you close the cover. Does anyone know what’s that for?

Thanks