MySensors 1.4b1

1.4 beta version of MySensors Arduino library (and Vera plugin) is now available.

Changelog here:

Thumbs up!

agreed Tomas, nice to see the development continue!!!

The link at the top is dead; has a beta 2 come out?

All info can be found here.

• Garrett

Anyway to get the Vera Plugin “Can’t connect to device” and red sad house to go away with your plugin?

Hi,

Does it help adding this at the end of the start-up LUA?
luup.set_failure(0)
return true

The luup.set_failure(0) did it for a few of my plugins on UI7.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“reneboer, post:7, topic:181587”]Hi,

Does it help adding this at the end of the start-up LUA?
luup.set_failure(0)
return true

The luup.set_failure(0) did it for a few of my plugins on UI7.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Do you have any more instructions on this?

I’m familiar with the startup lua (Apps, Develop apps, Edit Startup Lua) but I’m unsure how to directly tie the above to my particular device ID or device.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:181587”]Do you have any more instructions on this?

I’m familiar with the startup lua (Apps, Develop apps, Edit Startup Lua) but I’m unsure how to directly tie the above to my particular device ID or device.[/quote]

No, this would be the .lua file for the plugin itself. Not sure what version you’ve actually got, but everything is on GitHib here Branches · mysensors/Vera · GitHub

You’d edit the file and then use Apps > Develop apps > Files > Upload.

[quote=“akbooer, post:9, topic:181587”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:8, topic:181587”]Do you have any more instructions on this?

I’m familiar with the startup lua (Apps, Develop apps, Edit Startup Lua) but I’m unsure how to directly tie the above to my particular device ID or device.[/quote]

No, this would be the .lua file for the plugin itself. Not sure what version you’ve actually got, but everything is on GitHib here Branches · mysensors/Vera · GitHub

You’d edit the file and then use Apps > Develop apps > Files > Upload.[/quote]

I just downloaded it yesterday from here GitHub - mysensors/Vera: MySensors plugin for the Vera controller The zip file on the right side of the page.

I should be able to figure it out I think. But it seems if it was that simple they should just include it already in the file so no one else has to do this.

[quote=“integlikewhoa, post:10, topic:181587”]I just downloaded it yesterday from here GitHub - mysensors/Vera: MySensors plugin for the Vera controller The zip file on the right side of the page.

I should be able to figure it out I think. But it seems if it was that simple they should just include it already in the file so no one else has to do this.[/quote]

Actually, I’ve kind of committed to take a look at it all and merge the UI5 and UI7 versions. Just been a bit busy with other things at the moment.

I think you just need to insert that before the final ‘end’.

[quote=“akbooer, post:11, topic:181587”][quote=“integlikewhoa, post:10, topic:181587”]I just downloaded it yesterday from here GitHub - mysensors/Vera: MySensors plugin for the Vera controller The zip file on the right side of the page.

I should be able to figure it out I think. But it seems if it was that simple they should just include it already in the file so no one else has to do this.[/quote]

Actually, I’ve kind of committed to take a look at it all and merge the UI5 and UI7 versions. Just been a bit busy with other things at the moment.

I think you just need to insert that before the final ‘end’.[/quote]

I may need your help if you have time. Are we only adding this to the “L_Arduino.lua” file here? Update L_Arduino.lua · mysensors/Vera@f6bf4ec · GitHub

Yes, that’s the file.

Well I’m not that good. I ended up with a Vera error “Arduino plugin : Plugin not correctly installed” after I tried to edit and upload that file to replace the old one.

Hi,

It should go on line 709. 710 is the last end statement of the startup function.

Cheers Rene.

PS; I have an other 433 Mhz controller (Homewizard, pretty nice Dutch product) that supports the low cost, one direction, no status, type sensors. you can pull the status or trigger switches using http commands. I use it for my Somfy blinds at the moment. I am thinking about doing something similar as the MySensors plug in does for that box. Are you ok if I nick bits of the code? I will put a reference to this one in.

[quote=“reneboer, post:15, topic:181587”]Hi,

It should go on line 709. 710 is the last end statement of the startup function.

Cheers Rene.[/quote]

What is the proper program to edit the lua file?

Does this seem about right?

EDIT it works now. All green happy houses on the UI. Thanks guys!

Nice!

Since it all seems to be working incase anyone needs the modified file here you go.

Just upload this to replace your old one.

Is this same 2-line fix required on the 1.5/UI7 library?

UPDATE 1: Appears not to be needed, used the unmodified file and device seems to load and operate the same.

I have things somewhat working on a VeraLite with serial gateway on an FTDI-nano. I can get the device created and can include another sensor (Humidity) and all seems fine for a few minutes, updates post, etc. Then the updates seem to cease on the Vera screen, although from what I can tell the sensor and gateway seem to be running fine. If I reload the LUUP engine on the Vera, the gateway and sensor will start updating again for a few minutes then stop. And I have left the gateway and sensor up and running off my PC and I can see the gateway is reporting updates every minute from the sensor on the IDE Serial Monitor for as long as I leave it connected.

UPDATE 2: At the advice of Hek on the MySensors forum, I added a powered USB hub off the VeraLite and that seems to have solved the updating problem, have now run over 24 hrs. with regular updates coming in.

Also, I tried to add the 3 blinking LEDs to either the serial gateway or the humidity sensor and I can’t seem to get them to blink. I can make the LEDs blink on pins 4,5,6 with a modified Blink sketch so I know they are wired properly. I’ve tried the normal and inverse blink options but I get no LED operation.