my lights dont come on after a power blackout

:frowning: hey guys i have been using vera for a short time now and i have this problem whenever there is a power blackout the lights dont turn on by themselves is anyone having this problem and how can i solve this is there a luup or plugin or glabal variable around this am new to proggramming and vera please help

Hi ronnieā€“

Can you describe the problem in a little more detail? Is it that youā€™re expecting vera to recover itā€™s lighting status after it reboots due to a power outage? Have you thought about buying an UPS for your Vera? How long do your power blackouts last?

Z

It would also be good to know what brand of z-wave switch youare using for you light switches Most switches will return to the last state they were on prior to the black out. However as pointed out, if your power was out when a scene was suppose to run, when the power comes back on your Vera will not noticed it missed running some scenes and catch up, those scenes will simply be missed for that time period.

If you donā€™t have a UPS on your Vera, I would strongly suggest you install one to avoid issues caused by eg brownouts or short electrical outages.

I know when I have a brown-out, my 2 GE-Link bulbs come on regardless of their previous state. All my Zwave devices (GE/JASCO, Intermatic, Aotec) return to their pre-outage state

If your power was out when a scene was suppose to run, when the power comes back on your Vera will not noticed it missed running some scenes and catch up, those scenes will simply be missed for that time period.

Thatā€™s one reason you should use PLEG instead of Scenes!

I just had a brief power outage during thunderstorms last evening

My lights did not turn off on schedule just before sunrise

I had a ā€œno insteonā€ warning on my computer this morning when I accessed my Vera2

I rebooted my Vera and reset my Insteon 2013U Power Linc Modem

All is well now :slight_smile:

Howard