multiple veras on home buddy?

Any plans to either support multiple veras? Or is there anyway I could install two copies of HomeBuddy?
(personally I would prefer to be able to install a second copy of home buddy). Latest version is better than ever! Thanks!

Les

Multiple profiles is in my list of things to do, might be a while until I get to it though.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Android will allow you to install multiple copies of the same app… unless someone from the community has suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Just as on a computer, it would require a different folder & different name (Home Bubby 2 for example). I would not recommend this approach though. It will lead to unwanted headaches & confusion. The better approach would be having one app access two or more Veras…

In the Home Buddy settings, there would be an option for addition Veras. Each new Vera config would have the same config setting as the main one does. Except now, when Home Buddy starts there is a window that askes, “Which Vera to connect to”. Pretty simply, straight forward, & limitless Veras. The only limit would be assigned by you, since all it is a separate config file for each Vera just in one database file…

Just an idea rakstar… :wink:

[quote=“rakstar, post:2, topic:167843”]Multiple profiles is in my list of things to do, might be a while until I get to it though.

Unfortunately, I don’t think Android will allow you to install multiple copies of the same app… unless someone from the community has suggestions on how to accomplish this.[/quote]

Since you’ve been busy updating, thought I’d give you a bump on this.

I would love to see this also. Have a 20 Vera installation and would make my property managers life a lot easier.

Still on the list and still busy unfortunately. This may require a major rewrite so I’m trying to get some smaller items out of the way first before starting on this.

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to say it would be nice to be able to easily switch between veras. Love the latest update though - well done!

You’ll be happy to know that this version does support multiple Veras (check the changelog and the “What’s New” section in Google Play). In the setup screen, hit Locate Vera, enter your MiOS username, and hit OK. Home Buddy will give you a list of all the Vera instances associated with your username. To delete an instance, hit Menu and select “Remove Instance”.

I can confirm that multi Vera support is working very nicely, including Veras on multiple networks, and local ssid definition is per Vera.