Multiple Vera

Hello.
I’ve just got VeraMate, so still learning. The Watch integration sold it for me.

I have 2 vera boxes at home though. An edge on UI7 and a lite on UI5.

Will Vera Mate support the 2 boxes?
i’ve only added one at a time.

thanks.

VeraMate can easily switch between Vera’s (via the settings/veras, if you have multiple assigned to your user). It supports UI5 through to UI7… that said, I think there is a VeraMate bug that has come in with a latest release which affects switching between UI5 and UI7. I’m still confirming this, but worst case is you may need to logout, and back in on the other Vera.

The other thing to mention is, UI5 and UI7 have different authentication mechanism - it will only show all the vera’s available on both if you use the same password and username… otherwise you will need to log in again with the correct firmwares password (for now).

Thank you.

Not my place to judge at all, but it would be great to have access to multiple boxes with different usernames without logging in and out.
Otherwise great looking app and love the watch integration. I’ll be commenting on iTunes.
Cheers.

[quote=“thetwc, post:3, topic:187646”]Thank you.

Not my place to judge at all, but it would be great to have access to multiple boxes with different usernames without logging in and out.
Otherwise great looking app and love the watch integration. I’ll be commenting on iTunes.
Cheers.[/quote]

There is a plan to allow different username/passwords to be stored, but the majority of users either have one box, or have the same username (which, apart from the little bug above at the moment, is possible in VeraMate to use with multiple boxes), or, they bridge multiple vera boxes so they appear as one system. Perhaps this is something that might help you?
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Bridged_Mios_Engines

I will waiting!

The Homewave using some Veras, but i like the WeraMate! :slight_smile:

[quote=“veramate, post:2, topic:187646”]VeraMate can easily switch between Vera’s (via the settings/veras, if you have multiple assigned to your user). It supports UI5 through to UI7… that said, I think there is a VeraMate bug that has come in with a latest release which affects switching between UI5 and UI7. I’m still confirming this, but worst case is you may need to logout, and back in on the other Vera.

The other thing to mention is, UI5 and UI7 have different authentication mechanism - it will only show all the vera’s available on both if you use the same password and username… otherwise you will need to log in again with the correct firmwares password (for now).[/quote]

Hi… can’t set the same pw on UI% and UI7…UI5 only admits alphanumerical pw…and UI7 enforces to use special characters…

if I logon using distinct pw…veramate shows the corresponding UI5/7 box…but seems like there is no way to see both bc of the pw restrictions…any suggestion?

[quote=“otolosa, post:6, topic:187646”]Hi… can’t set the same pw on UI% and UI7…UI5 only admits alphanumerical pw…and UI7 enforces to use special characters…

if I logon using distinct pw…veramate shows the corresponding UI5/7 box…but seems like there is no way to see both bc of the pw restrictions…any suggestion?[/quote]

Have you tried upgrading to ui7 on the ui5 box first?