Multiple Global Cache IR comtrollers

Has anyone tried running more than one iTach or Global Cache controller in their z wave setup? About to purchase another iTach IPFlex for the bedroom and wanted to know if I will need to download the mios plug-in for it as well, or can I reuse the one plug-in I already have installed for the 1st iTach installed. I would think that I need to install another instance of the plug-in considering that the device need to be created for the 2nd Global Cache iTach. Silly question, I know, but none the less, I’m more curious to know if this would create conflict between the 2 instances of the plug-in. Probably shouldn’t worry since they will be seen as 2 different devices with different addressing. Was more concerned with the interfacing.

Yes, you just add another device and point to the IP.

Simple direction:
Go to apps on your Vera.
Open the Global Cache app
Click create another

[quote=“Brientim, post:2, topic:187498”]Yes, you just add another device and point to the IP.

Simple direction:
Go to apps on your Vera.
Open the Global Cache app
Click create another[/quote]

I thought so, thanks for the tip. Forgot about the interface “create another” button. 8)

There was an issue with this in UI7 previously, if it still exist you can also create it manually

Still able to do it. I’m running UI5 and have done it with the timer plug-in by Futzle. Good to know though about the issue in UI7. I prefer to stick with UI5, for as long as possible.

If you installed a plugin while the Vera Problem existed in UI7 … you will still not be able to create a new device.
If you uninstall and re-install the plugin … the problem will go away.

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:6, topic:187498”]If you installed a plugin while the Vera Problem existed in UI7 … you will still not be able to create a new device.
If you uninstall and re-install the plugin … the problem will go away.[/quote]
Thanx Richard. Never installed UI7, but I will keep this in mind in the event I ever do and decide to go back to UI5. Thanks again everyone!!! :slight_smile:

That is very good information Richard. Did this resolve the same issue across the board for allow multiple?

[quote=“RichardTSchaefer, post:6, topic:187498”]If you installed a plugin while the Vera Problem existed in UI7 … you will still not be able to create a new device.
If you uninstall and re-install the plugin … the problem will go away.[/quote]

Dears, I am facing the same problem. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but the “create another” button does not show up, so I am unable to create a second GC device.

Does anyone have another idea ?

I am at UI7, latest version in a Vera Lite.

Thanks in advance.

BR,

Andre.

I believe you can do this manually by calling the URL

Where ip_address is the address of you Vera and AppID is the App ID of the plug in (should be listed in the plug in under installs apps)

http://ip_address:3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePluginDevice&PluginNum=AppID